Designer, Digital & Print
The Photo Manager is responsible for photo assets, including facilitating photo shoots, commissioning photographers, archiving photography and project management for the Magnolia Network.
• Work with the Head of Brand Creative to uphold the quality and quantity of photography, while adhering to the established brand guidelines and art direction aesthetic.
• Manage database of all photography assets, including establishing and maintaining an archive system, along with managing due dates and budgets.
• Commission local photographers for portrait and unit photography shoots on set.
• Manage talent photo approvals, through Global Edit, partnering with talent relations.
• Collaborate with production companies to obtain photography deliverables.
• Oversee freelance photo editors for photo editing and deliverables when required.
• Manage photo related digital accounts.
• Define and update specs for all photo and video asset projects.
• Oversee the brand-wide library to manage restrictions and permissions of the assets for company-wide release.
• Manage, clean–up and organize photo assets on all archive systems.
• Must have problem solving skills for evaluating situations and to make improvements and/or adjustments.
• Stay abreast of all technologies used in photography and video with an eye toward future expansion.
• BFA in Photography or related field
• 5+ years of experience in photo managing/editing/DAM field
• Excellent grasp of great visual communication and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
• Passion for great photography and design
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple and complex projects
• Extensive knowledge of photography production and equipment
• Strong knowledge of photo and video production, retouching and digital workflow
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.