Full Time Job
Network Operations Support Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Reporting to a Network Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global network infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 network operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting Discovery's network infrastructure across 50 offices and productions centers globally.
• Monitoring all our production network infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production network infrastructure
• Keep network infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party network vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Network Operations Knowledge Base(s)
• 2+ years providing administrative and troubleshooting support in the areas of network routing and switching infrastructure (Juniper and/or Cisco)
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with Palo Alto Firewall Platform
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds monitoring platform
• Experience with Wide Area Network and IP connectivity technologies (MPLS, Point to Point, Internet)
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, IPAM Toolsets (Infoblox)
• Experience with ITIL principals
• free access to player.pl
• benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• casual dress code
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwkeb-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.