Senior Director, Cyber Security Incident Reponse
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join
Reporting to a Network Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global network infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 network operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting Discovery's network infrastructure across 50 offices and productions centers globally. This position will have daytime working hours Monday through Friday although an element of flexibility and on call will be required from time to time.
• Monitoring all our production network infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production network infrastructure
• Keep network infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party network vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Network Operations Knowledge Base(s)
• 2+ years providing administrative and troubleshooting support in the areas of network routing and switching infrastructure (Juniper and/or Cisco)
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Must have the legal right to work in associated role country
• Experience with Palo Alto Firewall Platform
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds monitoring platform
• Experience with Wide Area Network and IP connectivity technologies (MPLS, Point to Point, Internet)
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, IPAM Toolsets (Infoblox)
• Experience with ITIL principals
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.