Photo Asset Manager, Creative Operations
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life's stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Motion Designer creates, develops and animates graphics for digital, broadcast and social campaigns - including series graphics packages, brand image and on-air promotion design for spots, trailers and other projects as assigned for the Magnolia Network.
• Plans design assignment by studying request and understanding function of design.
• Develops and executes on-air design concepts, including working with brand designers and producers to bring concepts to life through animation.
• Creates new artwork, graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, packaging, and informative and instructional material.
• Designs storyboards which present a design concept using advanced graphics and animation tools and techniques, video and film shoots, stock imagery and photography and special effects.
• Animate original concept designs or client driven designs using animation tools such as After Effects.
• Organizes and prepares presentations of creative concepts and production techniques.
• Manages graphics resources, and delivery schedules for creative projects.
• Creates project materials within an assigned basic design and look.
• Organize and complete projects from pre-production through post-production.
• Creates basic design and look including enhancing brand toolkit designs.
• Collaborates with freelance animators on assigned projects.
• Participates in communication with clients and works with clients throughout the production process.
• Works with in-house and out-of-house editors and producers regarding implementation of graphic design needs.
• Supervises live action composting, production of 3-D animation and production of 2-D animation on a per project basis.
• Employee will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• BS/BA in related discipline and at least 4-6 years of experience in related field
• Knowledge of media production
• Uses comprehensive knowledge of functional/technical and business best practices
• Takes steps to gain new perspectives from external sources
• Balances competing priorities based on understanding of team/business needs
• Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
• Introductory knowledge of 3D animation software and techniques
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.