Marketing Manager- 6 month FTC
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for devising, planning and executing activities across the marketing mix both on and off-air in accordance with the marketing strategy and in line with business goals. This is a key role, reporting to the UK Senior Marketing Manager, working across the full Discovery Portfolio. It contributes significantly to driving the growth and success of discovery+ and the portfolio of flagship Pay and Free-TV brands.
• Support the Senior Marketing Manager by playing a key role in the formulation, planning and execution of consumer, affiliate and trade marketing activities across the Discovery portfolio.
• Support tentpole content on discovery+.
• Support wider tentpoles across Discovery's portfolio of brands as directed - which could include factual, crime, reality, paranormal or other content.
• Ensure all marketing assets and materials reflect the respective channel and service brand positionings, adhere to guidelines and are effective in communicating brand messages.
• Manage the day to day relationship with marketing agencies and the central marketing teams as directed on the development, production and implementation of marketing campaigns.
• Write compelling creative briefs and manage the creative process with the in-house team.
• Ensure integration is seamless and consistent with ATL, digital, on-air, PR and social media disciplines working closely and collaboratively with those teams.
• Provide campaign knowledge, insights, approvals and advice across the UK team.
• Work with the partnerships team to provide insight and help manage the day to day relationships with affiliates & partners, actioning reactive requests expediently, working proactively to deepen Discovery's relationships and ensuring any contractual obligations are met.
• Collaborate on the management, coordination and execution of special events together with sales departments and agencies.
• Liaise and collaborate with other marketers within the Discovery group to ensure efficiencies, share assets and best practice.
• Work closely and cohesively with members of the wider Creative and Digital team, who also form a part of our group.
• Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, feed into the marketing budget and facilitate accurate onward spend forecasting.
• Experienced brand and content marketer with a proven track record in driving high profile 360 campaigns in the UK.
• Ability to see the bigger picture and understand strategic goals.
• Strong understanding of brands and how to optimise their presence across the marketing landscape.
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• Experience of organising events.
• Data driven and consumer obsessed, ensuring our target audience cohorts are at the heart of all communications.
• Have an understanding of consumer insights and how to apply them.
• Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
• Be able to establish excellent working relationships with stakeholders. Internal and external.
• Team player and collaborator - working closely with the other functional groups within the marketing function - Creative, Digital, Social, PR, plus Commercial, Legal, Scheduling, CX, Partnerships and other teams to create integrated campaigns that support business priorities.
• Contribute towards and make suggestions for improvements to the constant optimisation of our workflows and practices.
• Very strong attention to detail with the ability to devise new and innovative ideas that will help strengthen our brands.
• A deep understanding of TV, streaming and media industry.
• Have a commercial mindset.
• Understand and be responsive to the evolving priorities of the business.
• Flexibility to work across Factual and Lifestyle content depending on the commissioning roll out plans across the business.
• Experience of working on reality or true crime content would be advantageous.
• Ability to work to tight timelines and multi-task while meeting budgets and deadlines.
• Superior project management skills with the ability to bring other team members on the journey.
• Adaptability to work in a fast paced environment and be adept at managing changes, embrace new ways of working.
• A willingness to always go the extra mile.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67z58-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.