As the Marketing Executive in the team, you will be an integral member of the UK Marketing team reporting to the Marketing Manager and supporting the wider team across Discovery's portfolio of content. You will need to be able to work under pressure to the highest standards and be responsible for a range of activities including assisting and leading on campaigns for brand new programmes, acquisitions and commissions, working with talent and supporting the overarching marketing team in all its endeavours to achieve the wider company targets. You will need to be a positive, proactive self-starter, a great communicator and have a can-do attitude to your work. In return, you'll have the opportunity to join a busy, dedicated, and passionate team and get to thrive at one of the UK's best-known and best-loved multi-platform, multi-network!
The Role and Responsibilities
• Designing and producing highly creative, impactful briefs for upcoming channel campaigns on a variety of channels across the portfolio and discovery+
• Work closely with the in-house creative team as well as facilitate design and production processes to creative effective, efficient, and timely campaigns
• Creating and delivering campaign presentations to the wider Marketing team, overall UK team and to external agencies where necessary
• Work to build your knowledge as a brand guardian for certain channels and be able to work across a variety of campaign genres including but not exclusive to paranormal, reality, crime and factual
• Affiliate management – working with our marcomms co-ordinator to provide our affiliate partners with up-to-date assets to encourage content promotion.
• Aid the marketing manager with any external and/or commercial events when required
• Support the wider marketing team with any internal commercial needs in to aid the in-house ad sales team
Skills & Requirements
• A solid understanding and experience of marketing within the media industry, ideally in broadcast
• A collaborative team player with the ability to grasp new and complex issues quickly in a fast-paced environment
• An experienced multitasker with skills in managing a number of complex projects simultaneously- organisation is key to this role!
• Experience of working with suppliers, external agencies and third parties desirable
• Ability to demonstrate management of spreadsheets and creation of high quality Powerpoint presentations
• Excellent written and effective communication skills
• A pro-active idea initiator with a can-do attitude who can think creatively with a solutions-focused attitude
• Good creative appraisal skills with an outstanding attention to detail
• Must hold a degree education or relevant experience
• Attention to detail is a must in this role with the ability to decipher, understand and communicate information around content legalities, rights and compliance when required
• Able to build, develop and maintain relationships to optimise campaign efficiency across the organisation
• A passion for TV, our content and all things media is highly desirable!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw77wp-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.