Assist the Digital Director, Revenue and Planning in managing a team of individuals responsible for the pre-sale process of media planning along with campaign management of live campaigns through invoicing for Discovery's Digital inventory. This individual helps develop the team in the building of media plans given pricing and inventory direction and will also manage the effective monitoring of campaign media as well as other client deliverables.
This position can sit in the Chicago OR NYC office.
• Assist in managing a team of sales coordinators/account specialists dedicated to meeting the operational needs of assigned client segment
• Develops and grows direct reports
• Partners with Pricing and Inventory counterparts to ensure we deliver all booked revenue in period
• Liaisons with Director, inventory and pricing, sales support, and sales to ensure strategic consistency across all elements of plan development and implementation
• Assists Manage team level campaigns via performance reporting, advise/execute necessary yield optimizations
• Provides recommendations on how to better improve current processes/strategies and helps implement new processes/strategies Coaching team on how to recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations
• Evaluates the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future campaigns
• Provides support for larger sales convergent initiative, including providing strategies
• Bachelor degree in a numerical discipline or equivalent years of analytical experience
• Critical thinker, self starter
• Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
• Ability to understand and interpret trends and react with strategic/tactical changes
• Good technical skills and knowledge of MS office/Google Suite
• Strong communicator with ability to adjust / adapt to situations to maximize results
• Knowledge of industry technologies (Ad serving, Operative, Salesforce)
• Ability to work face-to-face and electronically (e.g. telephone, e-mail, IM, social media)
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Ability to lead and work with a diverse team
• Must have legal right to work in the US
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkjnq-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.