Application Security Engineer
The Manager, Reporting and Analysis will contribute to executing operational excellence, preparing key information designed to assess and correlate ongoing operational and financial performance as well as providing increased visibility to highlight specific areas, driving the use of information to solve business problems and improve a variety of business processes across Discovery Communications. Role is responsible for managing the curation and visualization of operational and financial data and metrics necessary to information and guide critical business decisions.
• Develop and manage multiple operational and financial reporting initiatives supporting key stakeholders across GT&O organization. Work with stakeholders to determine reporting needs, available information, data visualization views, etc. for purpose of providing visibility, linking operational metrics and financial impacts, identifying process improvements, cost savings, etc.
o Global Feeds
▪ Responsible for maintaining company information detailing global linear and linear digital feed information consisting of over 500 feeds across multiple origination sites and serve as primary resource to address questions to individuals inside and outside GT&O regarding feeds
▪ Ensure ongoing updates on new launches and cessations are completed on timely basis
▪ Plan and execute data visualizations necessary to support individual client requests for information
o Global Content Supply Chain
▪ Track and coordinate metrics to measure incoming program content, technical evaluations, content preparation, editing, and linear and non-digital distribution by type and partner
▪ Develop visualizations of data and working models to assess relationships and drive understanding to facilitate planning / management of operations
o Other Operational Metrics
▪ Track and coordinate with SME's other key GT&O metrics such as number of people supported for IT purposes, number of technical devices supported, number of offices supported, number of business systems supported, etc.
o Discovery Discrepancy System (DDS)
▪ Maintain Discovery Discrepancy System (DDS) used for reporting discrepancies on linear feeds and utilized by teams globally
▪ Address questions from users and coordinate with Database Management team as needed
▪ Provide ad hoc analyses detailing discrepancy information
▪ Support the development and implementation of new discrepancy tracking system (Didi) by coordinating with Broadcast Ops team and Data Analytics teams to define and test requirements
o Prepare clear, compelling information and analysis on budgetary information to support GT&O SMT decision-making on annual large-scale annual non-C&B operating expense spend (>~$200M)
▪ Consolidate and maintain data on contracts across GT&O to be used by SMT to determine addressable spend, upcoming expirations, vendor management and consolidation opportunities, etc.
▪ Maintain tool that provides details on spend and is coordinated with over 45 global budget managers covering all Discovery and Eurosport operations and serves as primary source of input for ~ 90% of GT&O non-C&B opex budget. Incorporate TVN broadcast and technology spend in 2021.
▪ Plan and execute reports necessary to highlight and contextualize key information such as financial categorization by BAU, New Business, Digital, Non-Digital for analysis and management
▪ Assimilate information from multiple sources (e.g., Finance, HR, GT&O groups, etc.) to construct holistic pictures to address questions and drive decision-making
▪ Manage process to capture and maintain global performance metric information across GT&O services.
▪ Maintain full accountability and responsibility for reporting information (definition of information to be captured, alignment across sources, changes over time, etc.)
o Post Production Reporting and Analysis Management
▪ Responsible for completion and submission of monthly inter-company post production chargebacks in alignment with company financial close calendar
▪ Manage charges of approximately ~ $18M / year covering 228k hours of edit / audio work and fulfillment billing for VOD, SVOD, and other non-linear platforms
▪ Serve as main point of contact to Post Production Scheduling team and wider ScheduAll client base and coordinate with Engineering team to address any system issues
▪ Deliver monthly Post Production report providing operational metrics across multiple locations
▪ Complete annual post production rate card analysis to assess costs of operating post production services and inter-company rate card per service to recover costs
• Identify and construct operational models and financial scenarios to address new and changing business requirements
• Produce clear and compelling charts, reports and data visualizations on demand to senior-level leaders to support operational analysis, resource planning, and performance management
• Cultivate relationships with GT&O peers, executives and business partners to understand current challenges and develop potential opportunities for improvements by applying reporting and analysis solutions.
• Apply critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and utilize data to identify, recommend, and support teams in executing operational and financial improvements and transformation
• Minimum 8 years in operations management, management consulting, technology planning & strategy, project management, financial planning & analysis, or a related field
• Bachelor's degree in related field; advanced degree a plus
• Deep expertise in data visualization domain using Power BI, Tableau, etc. Ability to construct dynamic dashboards and ability to drive data dependency / relationships to successfully map and merge data from multiple sources.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel; mastery of Formulas, Formatting, Pivot Tables, and Data Analysis and Modeling techniques
• Working knowledge of ScheduAll Scheduling Database or ability to learn
• Strong working knowledge of financial and managerial accounting
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Must possess strong leadership skills with focus on execution
• Critical thinker and strong problem solver with ability to frame issues, articulate findings, present optimal solutions, and work collaboratively
• Excellent client interface, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate operational and financial metric information across multiple audiences
• Legal right to work in the United States
• Understanding of Broadcast, Media Operations, Information Technology is a plus
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.