Manager of Development (ID)
The Development Manager for ID will be responsible for working with the development team to coordinate the overall development process for the network to meet business initiatives, standards for quality, value, and innovation. Additionally, the Development Manager will collaborate with internal departments and the production community regarding programming priorities and development initiatives.
• Coordinate tracking of submissions, concepts, and pilots in development to ensure projects deliver on editorial expectations -- and work with research department as necessary to test pilot concepts. Ensure information flow and editorial integrity during all phases of development from conception to production.
• Field calls and questions - both solicited and unsolicited - from outside producers, agents, filmmakers, etc. regarding proposals and the network's programming needs. Regular communication with producers to gather and review development information: budgets, sample tapes, proposal revisions, production schedules etc.
• Create and conceptualize ideas for new series, specials, and other programming initiatives, including but not limited to research and develop programming ideas including writing requests for proposals and developing internally generated ideas.
• Conduct initial review of projects under consideration.
Offer editorial input on projects in development. Attend group development meetings.
• Conduct deep research and develop internally generated programming concepts. Work with entire development team to identify ideas, brainstorm, and develop shows.
• Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with agents, producers, and writers. Build new relationships with potential partners.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have 3-5 years development or production experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Experience in the true-crime genre, as well as nonfiction programming (e.g. entertainment, documentary, reality, drama, informational, etc.).
• Ability to generate and execute new ideas. Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
• Strong knowledge of producing community with established agent relationships.
• Exceptional research skills along with strong marketplace knowledge.
• Verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, prioritization, organizational, managerial, and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy and database aptitude a must, knowledge of Google, Docs/Word, Sheets/Excel, PowerPoint, etc. preferred.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91wyk-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.