Advanced Analytics Strategist
New York, NY
This position is a member of the Discovery Global Events and Brand Activation Team. As a member of the team, this position will play a key role in collaborating with internal clients and partners to develop the overall event strategy and showcase the brand portfolio in the most innovative and creative ways. This person will be responsible for an array of events on a very busy events calendar. He/she will produce multiple types of events including consumer-facing, B2B, launch events, network screenings, press events, network rebrands, etc. This role requires extensive collaboration with internal partners, external vendors, and stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of all event and activations (both virtual and LIVE) that are vital to the business. This person will be a dynamic manager, and have strong skills in negotiation, overall coordination, and event execution for both domestic and international events for Discovery Communications business units.
• Manage all facets of the event process from ideation through execution. Strategy, developing budgets, coordination, activation, and ROI/recap of industry, consumer, network, and launch events vital to the Discovery brand portfolio.
• Collaborate company-wide with partner groups including Network Marketing and Communications teams, Digital and Social teams, Ad Sales, Domestic Distribution, and International to maximize experiential marketing impact and create synergistic opportunities.
• Assist in the selection and management of external vendors, partners, and agencies.
• Oversee and develop event properties including supporting materials, invites, websites, collateral, and branded premiums to support Discovery Communications business priorities and objectives.
• With the team, create detailed reports for client groups outlining results and key learning's for major Discovery events and initiatives.
• Proactively research opportunities for Discovery's brand portfolio at other and/or new events (including curating proprietary events) .
• Utilize overall event marketing strategy to seamlessly incorporate partners/brands into highly visible and valuable events, including traditional and non-traditional activations.
• Oversee the management of event properties and assets with external vendors including shipping, storage, and ongoing maintenance of reoccurring elements.
Five plus years experience in event marketing and execution.
Strong project management skills and the ability to work at a fast pace under strict deadlines.
Creativity is a must. Ability to activate brands in non-traditional ways.
Must be a flexible, high-energy team player with a commitment to high quality deliverables.
The ability to sell an idea to internal stakeholders is a must.
Strong budget management and logistical planning experience.
Experience with the digital/social media landscape including tools and integration into events structure.
Demonstrated expertise with marketing concepts, creative development processes, and brand management.
Ability to interact with a diverse and dispersed employee base, championing communication across the organization both internationally and domestically.
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Strong written and oral communications skills.
Must be able to conduct business during non-business hours, including weekends, when necessary.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk8qk-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.