Coordinator - Digital Ad Operations
Fan Relations is a support function that exists to contribute to the stellar consumer experience whether the fans are engaging with our content on digital apps, websites, pay-TV, or through other means. From new app launches to corporate and legal escalations, advertising inquiries and our many other linear and digital offerings, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners.
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
The Manager, Fan Relations, will be responsible for the messaging and process strategy of the team. They will retain ownership of the various internal and external customer communications and workforce procedures, collaborating with interdepartmental leads to ensure customer correspondence is precise and empathetic. The manager will possess a strong suite of organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to tailor internal and external messaging to the diverse audiences of the Discovery portfolio of brands.
They will create and update all omnichannel messaging for the team and continually evaluate communication strategy to enhance and augment internal procedures. The manager will also manage software triggers and automations, optimizing workflows of the team’s systems, and maintain creation and revisions to internal agent scripts and cross-departmental escalation processes.
The manager will act as the point of contact for cross-channel promotions, liaising with various digital counterparts to align on communication processes and ultimately, messaging strategy. They will be responsible for content creation, including drafting of narrative for ongoing reports and dialogues.
• Maintain ownership of several Help Centers, including knowledge articles and search terms
• Draft and optimize internal standard operating procedures for agent response and escalation, as well as agent scripts and responses
• Collaborate with product and marketing teams to support customer promotions, comprising of processes to disseminate codes, mailbox creation and delegation, and messaging
• Work closely with reporting lead to continually optimize online help centers, ensuring customer incidents are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Create effective customer care procedures, policies, and standards
• Prepare and develop executive reports
• Liaise with clients and business partners to define workflows and requirements, maximizing revenues and customer satisfaction
• Deliver world-class, proactive customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain a culture of team collaboration and open communication
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Corporate Communication, Marketing, or Public Relations
• Minimum 3 years digital media experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Proven project management, strategic visioning skills and the ability to develop and grow positive internal and external relationships
• Ability to independently manage a varied portfolio of projects with unique needs in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact and support different levels within the organization
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, trust, and collaboration
• Ability to embrace a constantly changing environment
• In-depth knowledge of mobile apps and connected devices
• Exceptional communication, presentation and organization skills
• Proficiency with Office Suite and demonstrated competency in learning new software
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.