The development producer will be a key part in the Production Unit, responsible for managing and expanding the development slate for DK, seeking out new kids programming ideas, source materials, talents and formats.
• Research and develop programming ideas including writing requests for proposals and developing internally generated ideas.
• Review pitches, concepts, treatments, and materials submitted from external vendors and work with Production team to provide timely feedback as assigned.
• Write at the highest industry level treatments, concepts, reviews, presentations and requests for proposals.
• Prepare and deliver internal pitches of the projects deemed ideal for our slate.
• Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with the creative community, producers, artists and writers. Build new relationships with potential partners and gather production companies intelligence where necessary.
• Travel the region to take pitches, seek out new producers and projects. Identify industry trends and programming formats throughout Latin America by closely following the competition among other things.
• Clearly communicate DK's editorial requirements and standards of quality to outside production companies during earliest stages of development and pre-production.
• Coordinate weekly Development/update meetings with the Production and Programming departments.
* At least 5 years of experience in the broadcast or cable industry as a writer, producer or head of development in the kids content space.
* Experience in a wide variety of program genres (e.g. live action, animation, entertainment, short formats, etc.).
* Strong motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas. Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
* Strong knowledge of the Latin American producing community and established relationships.
* Sophisticated cultural observer with a keen understanding of TV narrative, and knowledge of current audience tastes, digital / social trends and future directions in the kids content space
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* English and preferably Spanish/Portuguese
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33725-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.