Discovery Digital Ad Technology and Operations team oversees the fulfillment of digital monetization advertising revenue across Discovery Inc. owned and operated and various distribution platforms. This team works alongside internal and external stakeholders to define and drive technical advertising projects, ad technology, integrations while ensuring successful ad delivery experience across all direct to consumer, digital video, social and partner platforms.
Our team will challenge the processes, think outside the box and provide the best in class ad technology and operations solutions to our clients while ensuring a seamless viewing experience to customer s.
About the Role:
The Manager, Digital Ad Technology will partner with Ad Sales and Ad Tech/Operations leadership on both long-term strategy and meeting the short-term goals of the business. Partner with internal and external stakeholders to both define and drive technical advertising projects and integrations. Will work with engineers to ensure that advertising works effortlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that workflows are seamless within our ad tech stack. Support commercial partners integrations, manage project roadmaps and liaison directly with clients on priority escalations and resolutions.
• Work directly with commercial partners on ad integrations, project roadmaps, escalations and resolutions.
• Liaise with internal/external partners and vendors to define and enhance system requirements and workflow processes to optimize ad load and revenue potential.
• Troubleshoot and resolve existing features and functionality across systems, ad servers and services.
• Maintain productive working relationships across Digital Sales, Yield & Planning, Ad Product, and Engineering teams to maximize efficiencies and results.
• Research and evaluate hardware and software products available in the market to improve digital systems.
• Serve as point of escalation to Ad Operations for technical issues/questions and provide additional support in troubleshooting active campaign issues and 3rd party measurement discrepancies.
• Work closely with stakeholders and product leads to communicate advertising business needs and timelines for Discovery+ TVEGo Apps, DTC, and Site and Social platforms.
• Manage and develop Digital Ad Tech staff; lean in and support Digital Ad Operations workflow during peak periods of business (i.e. Upfronts, Quarter changes, product launches, etc).
• Prepare process documentation and facilitate training to ensure adoption.
• Work on special projects, assignments as directed by VP, Digital Ad Tech & Operations.
• 4+ years of experience in Digital Ad Technology and/or Operations.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital ad products, ad measurement, TV Everywhere platforms and services, and programmatic advertising.
• Extensive knowledge of Freewheel, Operative and Google Ad Manager ad serving platforms.
• Possess strong analytical and detail orientation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and follow up skills required.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience).
• College degree required; must be able to travel approx 15-20% of time.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93o09-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.