Director - Corporate Development
London, United Kingdom
Discovery's Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions, partnerships and investments. The group supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units spanning multiple global regions in evaluating new investment opportunities. The Discovery Corporate Development group is looking for a Manager - Corporate Development.
• Reporting to Vice President, Corporate Development, the Manager will be primarily responsible for working with Corporate Development colleagues and Discovery's senior leadership teams to source, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions in support of the company's mid-to-long range strategy.
• Play lead and supporting roles in identifying, assessing, synthesizing, and preparing recommendations relating to the strategic and financial impact on Discovery and its affiliated entities from potential transactions.
• Assist in all aspects of transaction execution including project management, due diligence, valuation and documentation.
• Incorporate inputs from strategy, commercial, legal, accounting, tax, and other teams while evaluating potential transactions.
• Apply creativity and judgement in structuring and producing and updating financial models, plans, valuations, impact analyses and sensitivities, based on a variety of assumptions.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have worked at an investment bank and may also have gained experience within a Corporate environment.
• TMT sector experience preferred.
• Proven abilities to analyze, structure, and prepare discussion materials for a variety of potential deals - including acquisitions, combinations, joint ventures, minority investments, and other equity transactions, as well as large-scale new business investments and ventures.
• Possess a good understanding of the media and communications industries and the global business and economic environment.
• Self-starter with proven experience synthesizing and concisely presenting complex qualitative and quantitative information to assist internal discussion, communication and decision making.
• Proven ability to research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions while incorporating all relevant market, industry, and company factors.
• Strong oral and written communications, and financial modelling skills.
• Strong financial acumen spanning corporate finance, accounting and economics.
• Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, ownership, responsiveness and diplomacy in managing multiple assignments under tight deadlines and as part of a broader team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ywj6-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.