Newshub is a key part of Discovery NZ, providing 365 days-a-year news coverage for New Zealand. Newshub digital is the online news platform and is an important part of the daily news service
Newshub digital is a team of news producers who populate the Newshub website. We cover every aspect of news, lifestyle, entertainment and technology.
The Lifestyle Editor will write the stories, commission the video and manage the content that powers the Newshub digital lifestyle section.
• Write snappy lifestyle focused stories (health, fashion, women's issues) that target an audience aged between 20 and 40.
• Create a young, fresh and fun feel through story selection and style. Commission video where appropriate to match feature stories.
• Liaise with broader digital news team and TV team and collaborate where appropriate.
• Identify appropriate material for social channels and work with the social team to create.
• Ability to go deep on topics without losing sight of audience preferences.
• Ability to work independently on complex topics and flexibility to work varied shifts and hours when required.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and perform effectively under pressure.
• A generous team member who appreciates individual and business successes.
• Close attention to detail.
• Continually seeks opportunities to improve.
• Two years newsroom experience
• Experience in writing entertainment or lifestyle content
• Relevant University Degree
• Strong communication skills
• Flexibility to adapt to demands of digital news environment
• Must have the legal right to work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwk4m-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.