The Broadcast Sound Operator is responsible for the recording and mixing of the live sport events audio broadcast through the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A key focus of this role is to operationally deliver the best audio content achievable, to support the live visual assets from sporting events from around the world.
You will be responsible for ensuring the commentators have the required comms for broadcast and all audio is mixed and recorded to the highest standards.
This role is shift based to cover the productions broadcast from The London Technology Hub.
• Accountable and responsible for the adjustment and rolling monitoring
of multiple sound sources during live events
• Ensure all set up and testing with commentators and equipment is done in a timely manner and levels have been checked before going live.
• First line of communication with regional commentators for audio issues and live audio setup
• Work closely with both local and international production teams, to ensure live audio is being delivered to the highest standards.
• Deliver clear notes and documentation to other operators and the wider production team
• Ensure all audio is logged and tagged for each live production to support with future edit and replays
• Follow up on faults and issues to ensure long term fixes and best practice is maintained
• Working collaboratively with the live broadcasting teams to ensure a seamless delivery of the events.
• Provide commentary monitoring report at the end of each shift
• Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
• Identify key development opportunities for improved workflows, system development and enhanced reporting
• Other duties as required
• Operational experience of managing multiple sound inputs from a variety of locations at one time.
• A working knowledge of both remote and studio audio broadcast set up
• Effective problem solver, able to find solutions to technical problems and recording challenges
• Working knowledge of industry standard routing systems and editing software
• Proven ability to successfully form and manage relationships with production teams and clients.
• Self-motivated and able to manage own workload with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a team environment and with a wide range of personalities and levels of authority
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
• Clear communicator in high pressured situations
• Strong team player and solid interpersonal skills
• A passion for sport and a drive to deliver the best work they can
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz56o1-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.