Discovery Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, reaching three billion cumulative subscribers. At Discovery Inc. UK, we power the passions that make us human. Our core work is sharing the stories that showcase the deepest passions of people across the world. Our portfolio includes discovery+, Discovery, TLC, Eurosport, Quest, Really, HGTV, Food Network and more.
The newly formed Marketing, Creative and Design group within Discovery UK is a hugely ambitious team set up to meet the cross-platform promotional and advertising needs of our growing streaming service discovery+ alongside our portfolio of popular Free-to-air UK channels.
We are looking for someone who is bursting with ideas and creativity, combined with a real passion for design. We want people with fresh ideas and new ways of thinking which will aid our team in driving creativity forward. Working with creatives and producers you'll develop fresh and exciting approaches to graphics and drive innovation across our network of brands. Your work will sit comfortably across multiple platforms, including broadcast, social and print.
As a Junior Designer you will be in regular contact with the design manager, creatives and production team members and will be responsible for design deliverables.
The role is split equally between designing for various online and print deliverables but also allows for a level of creativity in coming up with campaign solutions for various programming across multiple platforms and channels.
It is essential that candidates have experience in using the Adobe Creative Suite. But more importantly, someone who is willing to go beyond simply what they are being asked to do.
• Working with creative colleagues to interpret briefs and to create on-brand and innovative work
• Production of internal and external pitch and presentation documents
• Comprehensive Support for the Design Team
• Maintaining working processes and file managing
• Concept and create Keyart for campaigns / programming
• Image editing / retouching
• Design off-air digital assets for social
• Formal design education
• Ability to take and intemperate design briefs and feedback
• Keen Eye for typographic and layout design
• Some experience of Print and digital design
• Good understanding of all Adobe software and applications, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to keep calm in a pressurised environment
• Be a key part of the UK creative and function alongside Design Managers
• Polite nature and can-do attitude
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong team player
• The enthusiasm to progress further with a Design/Creative team.
• Staying up-to-date with branding and design trends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo0n1-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.