Product Security Engineer
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join
The Procurement Manager and the procurement team is responsible for the purchasing process of IT equipment within Discovery across the DNE region.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for a company or organization at the most competitive prices. The purchasing manager oversees supply chain management and procurement.
The manager will be responsible for the sourcing (if needed), requisitioning, and purchase order (PO) creation and delivery in support of the business unit operational units in the DNE. Once the purchase is complete, the Manager will support the business unit requestors with issues related to receiving, invoice processing, and PO adjustment. Purchasing Manager will be the POC for IT internal units and customers and will provide frequent and appropriate updates to meet the customer needs.
• Oversee and maintain the procurement process -> Prepare and process purchase orders and purchase requisitions and maintain documentation of the acquisitions of goods and services (to establish, replace or add);
• Forecast levels of demand for IT equipment to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels (new hires, refresh, projects, acquisitions);
• Assist with budget planning;
• Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
• Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, IT Teams, Finance and any other relevant departments;
• Liaise with our customers. Be the “customers advocate” to make sure the customer is aware of the status through all stages of the request;
• Maintain relationship with customers and to communicate and keep them updated at all stages of the process to meet the customer needs and maintain satisfaction level;
• Identify potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
• Negotiate and agree contracts and monitoring their progress to, check the quality of service provided;
• Create, maintain vendors, purchase orders, shopping carts in the SAP SRM and Other PO databases as appropriate by region;
• Track and report budgets, metrics, reports and statistics;
• Work with IT managers to produce, track and report on budgets;
• Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives and they can plan accordingly to meet business needs;
• Ensure that suppliers and vendors agreed and signed Discovery terms and conditions (e.g. invoice payment terms) and they are being maintained and updated when required;
• Manage IT equipment lifecycle, plan, budget and work with respective teams and implement refresh plan;
• 3+ years’ experience with Discovery specific processes and procedures or similar media industry experience related to key responsibilities;
• 5+ years’ experience in service-oriented role;
• 3 years’ experience with budgeting cycle, cost center structure, and tracking costs;
• Familiarity with SAP SRM; other procurement tool(s);
• Understanding and familiarity with Asset Management;
• Familiarity with ITIL and/or foundational level certification preferred;
• Ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action as needed;
• Demonstrated experience in use of metrics aligned to corporate KPI's and benchmarks to drive process improvement
Please be informed that we will consider applications only in English version.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.