Software Development Engineer - Front End
London, United Kingdom
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energized Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high value programs and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
Core to Eurosport's strategy for engaging sports audience is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental to delivering against our digital strategy.
We're looking for a talented and experienced iOS Lead Developer to join the Eurosport team and be responsible for the iOS development team composed of 6 developers. The Lead iOS Developer will collaborate with Eurosport Product/UX/UI/Backend-end/Android/Web teams to develop and evolve the Eurosport iOS Application.
His role will include technical/architectural decisions to make the good choices for the Eurosport iOS app evolution, and also mentoring and leading of the iOS development team.
The iOS Lead Developer will work closely with the Product team, the iOS Scrum Master, Lead QA and Delivery Manager for the evolution, maintenance, and delivery of the Eurosport iOS application.
• Be responsible of the app architecture, performance, stability and all the main technical evolutions
• Lead and mentor the iOS development team
• Deeply involved with the Product team for all the product evolution to provide feasibility, high level estimate, technical inputs
• Key point of contact with other Eurosport technical teams (Backend, web front-end, Android) to provide iOS team inputs and technical requirements if needed
• Partner with iOS development team to stay informed of new technologies being introduced by Apple and share the inputs with Product team
• 7+ years' experience as an iOS Developer (Focus on Swift, but experienced with Objective-C, xCode) with at least 3 years' experience as an iOS Lead Developer
• Deep knowledge in mobile application architecture, MVVM-C, Cocoa design patterns and concepts like delegation, protocols and categories. A plus would be a knowledge of microservices
• Great knowledge with Cocoapods
• Great experience in building apps consuming REST or GraphQL api
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as AVFoundation, UIKit, etc
• Experience with automated deployments (CI/CD), TestFlight/adhoc and Appstore distribution process
• Good knowledge of design patterns
• Highly skilled in the use of git source code control.
• Experience in Device Management.
• Strong working knowledge of beta testing services.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise IT team, interfacing with developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Experience in an Agile & Scrum methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• French language speaking would be extremely appreciated as most of the development team is based in France
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8931-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.