Analyst, Global Reporting
New York, NY
1. Serve as primary internal subject matter expert on state and indirect tax compliance.
2. Work closely with tax planners to advise on potential audit issues and to make sure the company is taking consistent positions across jurisdictions.
3. Manage state direct and indirect tax audits.
4. Assist with identification of tax risk and work with other functional areas to ensure steps are taken to minimize tax and regulatory risk.
5. Build and maintain relationships within the Organization including Accounting and Finance, Legal, Development, Sales and Marketing.
6. Ensures timely responses to inquiries from tax jurisdictions. Regular interface with tax compliance staff on pending audits.
7. Services as primary liaison and directs all responses to state tax audits to ensure the organization proactively responds to requests and presents the most accurate tax data and the reason a position was taken. Advocates on behalf of the organization to ensure audit results are fair and reasonable.
8. Oversees and manages an inventory of ongoing state tax projects to assure continued progress and timely completion as necessary.
9. Identifies tax savings and exposures and effectively communicates such findings.
10. Will work with peers on the Co-Sourcing engagement to obtain assistance when necessary from shared tax reporting professional staff pool.
* Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance (advanced degree/ Masters and a CPA license a plus)
* 6 years of relevant tax experience with a U.S.-based multinational corporation, public accounting firm (media sector experience a plus)
* Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel) essential (SAP and OTP a plus)
* Demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
* Proven ability to remain agile and innovative during periods significant change
* Process and control acumen
* Strong project management skills
* Must have the legal right to work
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.