Infrastructure Monitoring Analyst
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery’s Global network and platform infrastructure ensuring tickets and issues are escalated accordingly and Major Incident outage process is followed to ensure speedy communication to our internal teams/executives and customer services teams. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure and where relevant you will escalate to Tier 2/Tier 3 engineers across the globe. This exciting new role has the scope for you to learn and progress into more technical roles within the GT&O teams.
Working as part of a team of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 operators in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for monitoring and providing 1st line (Tier 1) support of Discovery’s network, infrastructure, Digital and Distribution Services across 50 offices and productions centers globally.
This position will be required to work 24 x 7 x 365 shifts and at times may require some flexibility.
• Monitoring all our production network, platforms, Digital and Distribution infrastructure in real time using systems such as Pager Duty, SolarWinds etc
• Outage vetting and escalating to our Tier 2/Tier 3 engineers and 3rd party vendors
• Where possible resolving issues at the frontline or escalating to the Tier2/3 engineers and 3rd party providers
• Writing of outage notifications and raising, and managing tickets in ServiceNow, following Discovery’s Incident Management process. Checking whether changes have impacted the service and advising others accordingly.
• Maintain Knowledge Base(s) and writing of processes where necessary to help and aid others in the future.
• 1+ years providing administrative, troubleshooting and technical support in a technology department.
• Technical experience using any of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Juniper, PaloAlto, firewells, AWS, Aruba, F5, cloud and infrastructure monitoring & troubleshooting.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Works well under pressure
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Knowledge and experiences working with network management tools such as configuration management, network health check tools, log collectors
• Experience in patching of servers
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds, pager duty and other monitoring systems
• Experience with ITIL principals
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Please be informed that we will consider applications only in English version.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.