Corporate Functions FP&A Analyst
Discovery is recruiting a Senior Manager for a full-time position to manage global indirect tax (VAT/GST/Sales tax) compliance. The right candidate will have experience in global compliance and reporting of indirect tax processes, working with SAP, implementing processes and controls, and strong management and organizational skills.
One of the most pressing priorities is assisting with establishing a Centre of Excellence (COE) of indirect tax compliance specialists and to transition the preparation of returns to a Co-Sourcing partner.
Discovery’s Tax team is located in the US, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Singapore and India. This role will be located in Warsaw which is also the base for Discovery’s European Finance team. The role will be within the wider Tax team and will report into the Global Indirect tax lead who is located in Amsterdam.
In particular, the role will involve the following responsibilities:
• Implementing and managing the COE (which includes a team of 3 others) and Co-Sourcing relationship on a daily basis.
• Managing global indirect tax costs and risks in partnership with the Co-Sourcing partner and ensuring compliance with indirect tax laws.
• Managing and reporting on global indirect tax compliance dashboards where there are inconsistencies or opportunities.
• Reviewing and approving returns prepared in-house.
• Driving improvements and efficiencies in processes and reporting.
• Optimizing engagement with global Finance teams to ensure the integrity of data and correct implementation of indirect tax accounting.
• Developing guidelines and training programs for Finance teams.
• Monitoring, identifying and leading digitized process enhancements eg e-invoicing, SAF-T reporting etc
• Leading and supporting IT teams to develop functional requirements for IT systems, including enhancements and thorough testing of systems prior to migration to production environment.
• Supporting business growth and on-boarding of new companies and entities.
• Supporting and managing indirect tax audits and controversies.
• The successful candidate must have a proven track record of managing indirect tax compliance in multiple territories.
• The ability to prioritize competing demands on time.
• The ability to clearly and appropriately influence and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders both written and verbal.
• The ability to confidently deal with advisors.
• Accounting and tax qualifications
• IT literate including knowledge of SAP or similar systems
• 8-10 years of experience working in indirect tax compliance.
• Good personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude.
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability and collaboration.
• Experience of working in an international organisation supporting cross-functional teams and multiple businesses.
• Experience of providing indirect analysis and recommendations to Director/VP level.
• Experience of managing relationships with tax authorities and tax advisors.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail within a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• English essential, other language skills extremely useful.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.