Discovery's Tax team is located in the US, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Singapore and India. This role will be located in Warsaw, Poland or in New Delhi, India which is also the base for Discovery's European Shared Services Team. The role will be in the Centre of Excellence (COE) for Global Indirect Tax Reporting and Compliance which is part of the Global Tax Team. The successful candidate will report to the Global Indirect Tax Senior Manager who manages the COE on a daily basis and who is located in Warsaw, Poland.
Given that this role is part of the newly formed COE of indirect tax compliance specialists, This offers the suitable candidate the opportunity to work within a multinational environment across several regional territories e.g. APAC, EMEA, North America and/or LATAM.
In particular, the role will involve the following responsibilities:
• Preparing in-house returns and other reporting obligations, where relevant.
• Following clearly defined processes and using tools and technology solutions provided.
• Carrying out pre-submission audit checks and filing periodic returns within deadlines.
• Ensuring timely and accurate payments of liabilities.
• Answering questions from Finance teams where required.
• Working with advisors on outsourced returns, ensuring data integrity, pre-submission audit checks and resolving inconsistencies.
• Assisting with developing guidelines and training programs for Finance Teams.
• Supporting with IT enhancements.
• Carrying out and/or reviewing reconciliations where required.
• Supporting digital tax reporting requirements eg e-invoicing, SAF-T reporting etc
• Supporting registrations and foreign compliance obligations where required.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
• Accounting and tax qualifications are desirable.
• IT literate including knowledge of SAP or similar systems.
• 2-3 years of experience working in indirect tax compliance, preferably in an in-house environment.
• Good personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude.
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability and collaboration.
• Experience of working in an international organisation supporting cross-functional teams and multiple businesses.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• English essential, other language skills extremely useful.
What's in it for you?
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization with international exposure and friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyqzn-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.