This role is newly created to strengthen Discovery's indirect tax global compliance function and will be part of the newly formed Center of Excellence of indirect tax compliance specialists. This offers the suitable candidate the opportunity to work within a multinational environment across several regional territories ie APAC, EMEA and LATAM. In particular, the role will involve the following responsibilities:
• Preparing in-house returns and other reporting obligations, where relevant.
• Following clearly defined processes and using tools and technology solutions provided.
• Carrying out pre-submission audit checks and filing periodic returns within deadlines.
• Ensuring timely and accurate payments of liabilities.
• Answering questions from Finance teams where required.
• Working with advisors on outsourced returns, ensuring data integrity, pre-submission audit checks and resolving inconsistencies.
• Assisting with developing guidelines and training programs for Finance Teams.
• Supporting with IT enhancements.
• Carrying out reconciliations where required.
• Supporting on digitized process enhancements eg e-invoicing, SAF-T reporting etc
• Supporting with registrations and foreign compliance obligations where required.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
• Accounting and tax qualifications are desirable.
• Work experience in indirect tax compliances for APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions will be preferred
• IT literate including knowledge of SAP or similar systems.
• 2-3 years of experience working in finance or indirect tax compliance.
• Good personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude.
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability and collaboration.
• Experience of working in an international organisation supporting cross-functional teams and multiple businesses.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• English essential, other language skills extremely useful.