Software Development Manager
London, United Kingdom
Discovery is excited to be recruiting an Incident ResponseSpecialist. The successful candidate will be supporting the Incident management lead in driving global best in class pro-active and reactive incident management. The role sits within our multi-brand Digital team, this is an International project and will include the opportunity to work on the Olympics - we have exclusive rights across Europe through 2024!
The Incident Response specialist will be responsible for maintaining high levels of support for customers that are experiencing technical difficulties. Communicating with multiple key stakeholders, including senior management. Identifying and reporting trends and creating a plan to proactively address and resolve issues before they occur.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in incident management desired but not essential, ideally in a digital environment
• Previous experience with call centres, desirable but not essential
• Ability to see things from a ''bird eye view''
• Fluent in English – any additional language would be beneficial
• Knowledge of CRM tools - Zendesk would be advantageous but not necessary
• Knowledge in ticketing systems such as Jira or pager Duty would be a great advantage
• Ability to address areas of underperformance with a structured plan
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to work with a team in a fast-past environment
• Experience in being a support function in a global operation
• Excited and motivated by change, multi-tasking and fast paced environment
• Confident in your expertise, and prepared to be heard in a way that positively influences others
• Strong analytical skills, decision making, and prioritization
• Available for regular travelling
Key responsibilities for this role
• Maintaining internal knowledge base
• Send out regular updates on incident management trend analysis to key stakeholders
• Proactive in looking into queues, to anticipate problems before they've happened
• First point of contact for internal stakeholders, organizing incident tickets, managing handling times + responses
• Investigate individual technical cases and providing guidance and insight to third-party agency
• This person will recognize and communicate areas of underperformance in incident management with a proactive plan on how to address
• Create and present ways of maximizing processes in a multi-brand environment
• Manage data privacy requests
• Contribute towards training and development of content and creation.
• Creating and maintaining device lab and training material surrounding
• Creating incident management customer journeys for supported devices
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.