For more information, please visit corporate.discovery.com and follow @DiscoveryIncTV across social platforms.
We are hiring a Head of Customer Care to lead the direct service and support for customers of Discovery + as well as a number of other direct to consumer products targeting more niche audiences around the world. Part of the DTC Executive Leadership team, the Head of Customer Care will be a strategic partner to business lines across the direct-to-consumer business, placing customers at the core of our decision making and ensuring that customer-centric, data-driven decision making is used throughout the team. They will partner with product, tech and brand teams as well as corporate services to address customer care issues across the globe. They will create a culture that delights customers through their end-to-end experience, solves customers problems efficiently, and surprises customers with delightful experiences.
This role will take the existing teams and agencies around the world, and from those disparate foundations, build a world class customer care team that helps customers solve issues they encounter with our products in a timely and practical manner, whether customers are using mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, or other emerging technologies. They and their team will identify the root causes of customer problems, drive timely resolution, and use those insights to drive systematic improvements and delightful customer experiences within the direct-to-consumer products. They will use insights and data to build and drive intuitive, automated, and self-service solutions that make it easy for customers to get the help needed when they need it, with as little friction as possible. The Head of Customer Care will also build teams that provide premium, contextual support for vertical specific and consumer support across platforms.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for delivering the best experience for customers globally. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. The will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root cause and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their diverse, global team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Build and manage a scalable customer support infrastructure that meets the needs of Discovery+ and the other DTC businesses globally.
• Partner with senior business, product, brand and content leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices to deliver a world-class consumer experience through our products and high-performing support teams.
• Partner with Corporate service leaders on technology solutions and customer support for corporate care.
• Drive consistent and efficient operating support processes and standards across business units, while tailoring unique solutions to each business when needed.
• Establish support models, operating practices, metrics, and feedback mechanisms to deeply understand the customers and deliver an exceptional support experience.
• Identify root causes of customer defects and partner closely with product teams to solve these root causes through product enhancements and integrated self-service support.
• Leverage data and insights to drive innovative customer education and product enhancements throughout the end-to-end product experience, including mobile apps, tablets, voice, web, and connected TVs.
• Partner closely with data science and analytics leaders to provide thought leadership on how we leverage data-driven algorithms and techniques to improve the customer experience and address defects.
• Build a scalable team organization to provide support for common product features across our direct-to-consumer products (e.g. payments/subscriptions), as well as contextual support (e.g. addressing industry and vertical specific questions).
• Lead the end-to-end planning and execution of all customer support initiatives.
• Hire, manage, and develop customer support leaders and professionals, helping them enhance their skills, while creating a fun and engaging culture that helps them prosper.
• Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience in customer support, operations, and/or product leadership, ideally in a global/multi-market environment.
• Minimum of 7+ years managing customer support, operations, and/or product professionals, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrated ability to work across support/operations, product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and operational concepts, create scalable and efficient processes, implement new systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Expertise in customer support processes, technologies, and operating models.
• Expertise in identifying defect root causes and driving systematic change to improve the products and/or processes that cause the issue.
• Experience leading and driving improvements across large scale support teams.
• Experience in leading customer support managers across multiple locations, functions, and areas of focus.
• Experience leading international teams.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to design and build proactive, self-service customer education and support systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6po1n-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.