Sr. Product Manager
West Hollywood, CA
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs, and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air, and pay–TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Motortrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and discovery+, a premium streaming services for many of Discovery's beloved brands.
We are hiring a Group Vice President of Product to lead the critical product feature areas for discovery+ across all international countries, including monetization, currency and payments, marketing product features, and experimentation, while improving these product feature areas for the global offering. This GVP, Product will lead the launch and ongoing development of discovery+ in these product feature areas across all platforms it is offered, including websites and applications on popular platforms, such as Apple, Android, Amazon, Roku, Samsung, and others. They will be a strategic partner to the Discovery leadership to effectively monetize, market, and enhance discovery+ across all countries that it is offered. This GVP, Product will guide strategic planning on how we improve the monetization and marketing for discovery+ across all international countries, accounting for the differences in market dynamics, compliance and legal requirements, payments, and platforms.
This role will lead the product strategy, planning, and execution of product functions that are critical to monetize, market, and enhance discovery+, including subscription and advertising models, pricing and packaging support, gifting and promotions, expanding support for new currency and payment methods, product enhancements to support direct marketing, and oversight of the core experimentation platform to drive data-driven testing. This leader will work closely with local business leaders and teams to understand the markets, customers, and local business needs. They will lead product planning and prioritization to deliver product features to enhance the monetization of discovery+ and drive adoption of discovery+ by new customers across countries. They will lead effective product development processes that start with the customers and works from there. They will develop innovative product features, implement scalable solutions, and ensure an end-to-end world class product experience. They will work with engineering leaders to prioritize, build, and enhance key features. They will establish operating processes to drive systematic improvements to the product based on customer feedback, needs, and behavior.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. The will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root causes and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Partner with senior business, engineering, content, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to monetize, market, and enhance a world-class streaming product globally.
• Establish a customer-centric global vision for discovery+ with Discovery business and product leaders that meets key customer needs, delivers compelling streaming experiences, and effectively monetizes it for the business.
• Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for product feature areas critical to monetizing, marketing, and enhancing the product systematically, including subscription and advertising models, pricing and packaging support, gifting and promotions, expanding support for new currency and payment methods, product enhancements to support direct marketing, and oversight of the core experimentation platform to drive data-driven testing.
• Partner with local international leaders to understand unique local customer and business needs.
• Partner with global and local leaders to develop and implement a strategy that encourages potential customers to try the products and effectively monetize customer engagement.
• Work closely with a customer-centric design team to create end-to-end product designs that result in an easy-to-use and compelling customer experience.
• Identify root causes of customer defects and solve these root causes through product and design enhancements.
• Leverage data and insights to drive innovative product enhancements throughout the end-to-end product experience, including mobile apps, tablets, voice, web, and connected TVs.
• Build a scalable team to manage and enhance key monetization and marketing features across countries and platforms.
• Hire, manage, and develop product leaders and professionals, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
• Build an innovative and disciplined team culture that builds trust, encourages collaborations, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
• Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience in product leadership in technology, media, or relevant industries.
• Minimum of 7+ years managing teams to deliver compelling customer products, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, creating compelling product designs, implement new features and systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Expertise in product design and development.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, design, and engineering teams.
• Experience leading teams across multiple locations, functions, and areas of focus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
• Experience with monetization and marketing product features is a plus.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to build model-based product features is a plus.
• Master's degree in business or a relevant is a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yjky-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.