FP&A COE is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
As the Ad Sales FP&A Analyst, you support one of the commercial domains within the CoE which offers you a great opportunity to participate in the overall finance transformation roadmap setting standards for the FP&A processes related to ad sales revenue management.
Your main responsibility is to ensure proactive and timely high-quality forecasting, reporting and analysis in the ad sales revenue domain. You will develop deep knowledge and competencies in ad sales to provide business stakeholders with required information to make educated decisions.
1. Providing core FP&A cycle activities local teams
• Support month end close activities related to accruals/deferrals of ad sales revenue and related costs and validation of actual results in the system
• Provide variance analysis to explain actual and forecasted performance of managed markets/regions vs prior year/plan/prior forecast
• Support forecasts/budgets development for managed markets by working with commercial team and market FP&A leaders to review and validate their bottom's up, providing assessment and recommendations of revenue drivers to local finance directors
2. Ad hoc Operational and Commercial Projects
• Drive simplification projects to improve efficiency in working in FP&A ad sales area (ie. forecast modelling automation with machine learning, creation of global ad sales datawarehouse reporting)
• Assist the business partners, central and regional teams with ad sales related projects
• Collaborate across boundaries, share best practice working with different teams
• Gain comprehensive understanding of different ad markets in each region
• Establish helpful productive relationships with key contacts in HQ and across the regions to encourage the flow of information and share knowledge
• 3+ years experience in Finance function in FP&A department
• CIMA / ACCA certification or in progress would be preferred
• Strong clear thinking and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of media ad sales markets and dynamics of key metrics impacting revenue would be an asset
• Be able to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure while showing excellent attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience in using EPM solution such as SAP BPC, Hyperion, Cognos, OneStream
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8n0p-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.