FP&A COE (Financial planning & Analysis Center of Excellence) is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
If you want to learn how supply chain works in media industry and provide support to business and Finance stakeholders in core FP&A activities of this area, this is a great opportunity for you!
You will be interacting with local and regional programming and content acquisition teams across international markets to understand capex and cash investment and amortization schedules of produced or acquired content that will be available on Discovery linear channels and streaming platforms.
Role will be providing key support for financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and budgeting for International content with ~$1B investment per year.
• Provide month end reports to facilitate month end close/reforecast process of content capex/cash investment and content amortization expense
• Reconcile Actuals vs Prior Forecast/Budget/Prior Year and provide commentary on variances to Global Content and Regional FP&A teams
• Maintain content databases and update financial data points within these systems
• Assist in production of value-added management reporting for senior management
• Build strong relationships with local FP&A teams across multiple countries
• Facilitate the integration of new business units into the standard processes
• Design, implementation and maintenance of reporting tools focused on content (ie in Power BI with investment spend and amortization information) and ensuring data governance adherence
• Work with local FP&A teams to evaluate financial impact of strategy/programming decisions
• Provide support for annual planning cycles such as Budget & LRP
• Consolidate content metrics across International regions to provide valuable insights
• Ad-hoc responsibilities as required
• Excellent academic qualifications, with a degree in a numeric or business related subject preferred
• Advanced excel skills and have experience in financial modelling
• Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings, and present optimal solutions
• Proven ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with large volumes of data
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy environment
The following would give the candidate an advantage:
• Good knowledge in SAP, EPM software (ie. SAP BPC, Hyperion)
• Understanding and interest in the media and television industries
• Previous experience in a multinational environment
What's in it for you?
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization with international exposure and friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq505x-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.