FP&A Director - Global Product and Technology
Fixed contract (10-12 months)
About the Role:
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Global Digital Finance team. As the Director Financial Planning & Analysis this position will play a key role supporting financial planning, modeling and analytics around the global technology and product efforts tied to Discovery's direct-to-consumer digital products (Discovery+ mainly)
Reporting to the VP Product & Tech FP&A, and Partnering with the Global Technology and Product teams, a key focus of this position will be to maximize strategic and financial value for all investments in global technology and product stack which support significant customer acquisition to our direct-to-consumer offerings, while building a business that will provide meaningful profits in the future through appropriate review and control over expenses. This leader will be responsible for significant executive and cross-functional stakeholder operation and communication, as well working closely with DTC leaders and other finance teams to accomplish team objectives.
The position requires a strong FP&A background in digital business, as well as experience in environments characterized by large datasets and the need to generate commercially actionable and deep strategic and financial insights from innovative analytics. Collaborative problem solving and the ability to work effectively with different constituencies is critical, as is comfort in ambiguity while bringing sound business judgement to address
Own the financial planning, modeling, and results of global Technology and Product efforts in support of the direct-to-consumer business. Will think strategically about the business across its various components, partner with executives on day-to-day business imperatives and challenge ways of working.
• Work with technology and product teams to understand, track and optimize media spend in those areas.
• Provide unbiased partnership and a financial lens to critical decisions that will have long term impact on our business model.
• Work as a member of a cross-functional Digital Finance leadership team to support the collective pursuit of the value maximizing strategy and operation of Discovery+ and other DTC businesses.
• Maintain robust and integrated operational and long-term models and associated analytics to support. Drive monthly financial review and analysis of the performance of DTC Global Technology and Product budgeting & forecasting.
• Lead the continuous improvement of Discovery's capabilities working closely with the corporate FP&A team as well as accounting.
• Participate in various cross-functional teams as required. Support the monthly forecast, annual budget, and long-range planning processes for the global team. Introduce process improvements and implement financial best practices.
Bachelor's degree education as a minimum. Have a minimum of 10+ years of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
• Demonstrated ability to construct long-range P&L and cash flow models, develop strategic insights and analytics and present key findings to business leaders, VP/CFO's.
• Adept at leading the production of detailed financial modeling, scenario analysis, insight generation and strategic plans. Experience with forecasting and budgeting processes
• Strong shareholder value creation and strategic mindset with experience to develop and implement financial and analytical tools and processes to help drive value for the business.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience developing presentations for senior leaders.
• Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous or uncertain business goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek968-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.