Auckland, New Zealand
We are looking for a talented Executive Producer and expert in 'Scripted' content including drama, dramedy, soap, crime and police procedural, sitcom, sketch, comedy, biography, re-enactments and docudrama. Responsible for attracting, identifying, developing and managing the funding, budgeting and execution of local productions across the digital, pay and free-to-air portfolio of channels in Australia & New Zealand markets, increasing audience engagement to achieve ratings and revenue growth, and with potential for global distribution. Additional expertise in Factual and Documentary and/or Reality & Lifestyle. Specialized knowledge of financing and funding sources and processes, and managing those relationships.
• Creative & Editorial Leadership
• Originate, lead and manage the creative development and production of relevant, innovative, engaging, entertaining and high quality programming in line with the content strategy across Discovery's digital, pay and free-to-air portfolio of channels across multiple markets in the region, and displaying exceptional understanding of and ability to deliver to both local and international market and audience trends and needs.
• Provide sound editorial judgement and ensure that the highest editorial and production standards are executed and met, whilst increasing audience engagement to achieving ratings and revenue growth.
• Stakeholder Management
• Attract, establish, foster and maintain strong external stakeholder relationships with relevant industry people and bodies including funding organizations, sponsorship and integration brands, production companies, independent producers, crews, talent, agents and managers, both locally
and internationally, and displaying effective communication, briefing, pitching, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Foster and maintain key working relationships, strong communication and teamwork within Discovery across production, production management, business & legal affairs, programming, ad sales & integration, audience & consumer insights, creative, comms, publicity and marketing, both locally and globally.
• Leadership & Management of Resources and Projects
• Effectively manage pitches and funding proposals, logistics, resources, budgets and contractual aspects of productions as required.
• Lead and manage production companies and production teams to ensure high performance of team members.
• Ensure safe, ethical and legally sound workplace and production processes, protocols and practices are implemented and executed working in close collaboration and communication with key stakeholders including production companies and producers, production management and business & legal affairs, and in line with state and federal regulations and Discovery global standards, values and best practice.
• Actively model and promote Discovery's 'Guiding Principles': one team; creative dreamers; doers; consumer obsessed; global; quick & agile; purposeful; do the right thing.
• Expertise and proven track record in scripted content development, funding, budgeting and production including drama, dramedy, soap, crime and police procedural, sitcom, sketch, comedy, biography and docudrama. Additional expertise in Factual and Documentary and/or Reality & Lifestyle. Knowledge of 'Entertainment' content an advantage.
• Proven track record attracting, identifying and developing high quality programming concepts.
• Strong editorial track record, high attention to detail and experienced creative problem solver.
• Expert story editing skills.
• Exceptional eye for identifying and developing strong talent.
• Able to inspire and motivate a production company, producers and teams to deliver to an agreed vision.
• Strong understanding of the entire production process - able to provide insight and direction on it to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure outstanding results.
• Excellent relationship skills – successful in building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, managing multiple productions and collaborating across functions.
• Strong pitching, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and arbitration skills - able to resolve issues between parties to ensure productions proceed and deliver satisfactorily.
• Excellent project management skills, able to oversee the successful delivery of a complex, ever changing production schedule.
• Specialized knowledge and experience tapping into multiple screen funding sources, and managing those relationships.
• Experience working with ad sales and branded integration solutions.
• Financial and commercial acumen. Extensive experience in the building and management of budgets and resources.
• Strong researching skills and up to date knowledge of local and global audiences and content trends.
• Exceptional team player but also highly self-motivated and able to work on projects independently.
• Exceptional ability and skills in handling production and/or talent related problems and issues in line with Discovery standards, values and best practice. Displaying strong process and communication with relevant stakeholders, seeking out and acting on expert advice and escalating when required.
• Able to work in a high pressure environment, highly resilient to change, able to deal calmly and confidently with the demands of both internal stakeholders and external providers.
• Proven track record in delivering outstanding content and outcomes.
• A reputation as a leading producer within the creative community.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk6xj-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.