Location NY, LA, Atlanta (NY preferred)
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity. This position will only be posted for five business days.
The Executive Director Strategic Planning & Benchmarking is at the core of translating WBDs strategy into financial outcomes. In close collaboration with the Corporate Strategy Team, this position will make sure the execution of our strategy aligns with our financial performance targets. This will be further supported by pressure-testing the planning assumptions with the business leads and benchmarking against market and competitor data.
• Own the company's financial long-range planning process & planning model
• Collaborate with the Corporate Strategy Team to establish a strategic planning process framework and continuously improve the process
• Ensure Senior Leadership is equipped with necessary information on long-term financial outlook, in particular around key events like Investor Day, Earnings Releases, Board Meetings etc.
• Present Long Range Plans to Company Leadership
• Partner with Business Unit Finance & Strategy teams to improve planning models, select relevant key drivers, develop planning scenarios and ensure planning assumptions are linked to Corporate Strategy
• Partner with other Corporate Finance departments such as Tax and Controllership to make sure the necessary information for e.g. statutory accounting is provided timely and sufficiently
• Incorporate Capital Market focused metrics in the long-range plan, such as FCF, Leverage, Valuations etc.
• Benchmark planning assumptions against market and competitor data, challenge the business teams if necessary
• Translate strategic assumptions into financial performance goals
• 10+ years in strategy or FP&A roles in a large corporate, or related role and several years in top-tier consultancy or investment banking
• MBA or equivalent degree, or evidence of on-the-job training in similar skills
• Experience managing small teams of 3-4 people, often distributed across multiple locations
• Excellent problem structuring skills, incl. understanding and simply communicating the major drivers of business performance
• Excellent communication skills to senior leaders, incl. written and verbal communications
• Strong financial modeling skills, incl. driver-based models, cash-flow forecasting, and some limited valuation methodologies
• Excellent process management, incl. complex cross-company processes requiring input from multiple business and finance leaders
• Strong creativity, incl. identifying potential sources of upside on financial performance together with business leaders
• Familiarity with industry reports and other sources of competitive intelligence
• Strong people leadership, incl. experience managing small teams directly and engaging other teams across a complex business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvmm4-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.