Windows Operations Engineer
We are looking for a technical expert that can design, deliver, and support application delivery solutions such as Citrix Workspace (CVAD), Citrix ADC, VMware Horizon, and VMware UAG deployed on-premises and in public cloud environments. This person will have deep technical knowledge and extensive experience architecting application delivery solutions in cooperation with business and application stakeholders. You will document solutions ensuring best practices are followed and stakeholders are updated related to system changes. You will manage capacity and forecast utilization, providing guidance to stakeholders around budgeting.
Concurrently you will also perform application installation and configuration into the respective application virtualization platforms. Additionally providing third line support for applications hosted within said platforms.
To be successful, you will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You must be willing to work in a ''one team'' mindset, building relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors while contributing within a highly collaborative environment. This is a large company with a significant global footprint, and we will often work as a single team with many other groups, often stepping out of our own team's boundaries for build outs, troubleshooting and educating other support staff.
We are looking for candidates either from Cracow and Warsaw.
Key Areas of Responsibility
This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of application delivery solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring uptime and performance of the environment along with reporting on utilization and availability. This role requires someone who is able to build relationships and collaborate with team members and stakeholders around the globe.
• Design and implement improvements to the Citrix and VMware virtual application delivery environments.
• Design and implement improvements to the application delivery load balancing solutions.
• Create and deploy application packages within the application delivery environments.
• Implement process improvements that will improve internal customer satisfaction around application on-boarding and support.
• Maintain monthly capacity planning reports.
• Work as part of a global team supporting Discovery's always-on infrastructure solutions, which includes responding to service requests and supporting our global infrastructure.
• Provide project support as needed, working with a global team providing services to a global workforce.
• Research and test new technologies and solutions, to include presenting to the global team.
• Write procedures, reports, tasks, impact analysis, and documentation.
• Develop, implement, and update support plans.
• Assist in the development, organization, and management of standard operating procedures.
• Participate in the on-call rota
• Other tasks as required.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills
• At least five years experience with Windows, and VMware technologies in an always-on (24x7x365) environment.
• Strong technical background with infrastructure solutions, both traditional on-premises and cloud.
• Detailed understanding and experience with the following solutions:
• VMware virtualization and VDI stack
• Citrix VDI and application delivery stack
• Microsoft Windows (server and desktop) Operating System, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Active Directory including group policy
• Networking plus firewall technologies and concepts
• Familiarity with some or all the following technologies is desired:
• Public cloud preferably AWS,
• Oracle and SQL databases,
• Ivanti patch management,
• Microsoft Office,
• Google Workspace,
• Splunk, Solarwinds, and ServiceNow
• Chef, GIT and CI/CD.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong presentation and communication (oral and written) skills are a must.
• Skilled in establishing strong relationships across the organization and influencing others.
• Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at a time.
• Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes through weekends.
• Experience with infrastructure solutions in a broadcast or digital environment is a huge advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6bpj8-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.