Marketing Science powers Discovery's internal Global Subscriber Acquisition Team managing the data and analytics for all owned & paid media globally. Data engineering, analysis, operations and data science expertise all sit within the team to streamline collaboration and create agility. We are an in-house data product team working with big data, including analytics, smart tv data and MMPs to measure billions of media impressions weekly. We continually work to enhance the data processing, code, methodologies and products deployed to drive dashboard reporting, multi-touch attribution, media mix models, incrementality, ROI reporting and real-time optimization… and we are just getting started. Our mission is to power our marketing arsonal driving expansion of the Discovery+ streaming service globally. Come join a team that is at the heart of media and data at Discovery.
The DTC Media Analyst, Marketing Science is a critical role within the Global Subscriber Acquisition team. Working with the Analytics Director, the analyst will support the validation of data pipelines from buying, ad trafficking, analytics and measurement platforms and participate in the structure and design of those data sets. The role will also support the media teams with reporting, dashboards and data visualizations to drive business optimizations and insights. Ultimately, the analyst should be able to tell stories by distilling complex data sets into clear, actionable insights for business stakeholders.
The ideal person should have experience in digital media and have a solid understanding of direct-to-consumer business fundamentals in order to connect analysis with business context. This person should also have a background in analytics platforms, ad trafficking systems or data programming languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.).
Data Structure and Workflow
• Develop a thorough understanding of GSA's data environment - data collection, data sources, data accessibility and tools.
• Assist in developing and validating new data sets, workflows and business logic for direct-to-consumer businesses.
• Support architectural direction for performance marketing reporting and optimization dashboards to create consistency across products and datasets.
• Review data, research reports and dashboards for accuracy, validity, and data integrity.
Media Campaign Performance Tracking
• Measure and monitor the effectiveness of performance marketing campaigns for direct-to-consumer products globally.
• Work closely across the media teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies/approaches that map back to campaign goals.
• Build dashboards for automated reporting that analyze key operations and performance metrics and are easily interpreted and shared.
• Manage media effectiveness and efficiency metrics to establish benchmarks, further optimization, and maintain KPIs.
• Provide cross-portfolio analysis and treading for performance marketing efforts.
• Explain complex analytical approaches in layman's terms for non-technical teams.
Measurement and Segmentation
• Q/A measurement solutions across buying platforms, ad trafficking systems and direct-to-consumer products.
• Define test metrics approaches for analyzing data generated by performance marketing a/b testing.
• Analyze lifecycle marketing metrics, including trial and paid customers and remarketing/win-back for performance marketing.
• Create audience segments based on propensity to subscribe or high-revenue users for acquisition marketing including look-alike modelling.
• Coordinate with the privacy office to handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices and withdrawal of consent management.
• BA or BSc in Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or any other quantitative discipline
• Experience of working with digital data analysis and visualizations
• Background in media trading platforms across multiple digital channels (e.g. search, social, programmatic)
• Experience analyzing data in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Background in direct-to-consumer products a plus
• Media agency experience is a plus
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Gsuite
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g Tableau, Power BI)
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
• Understanding of analytical concepts and statistical modeling techniques
• Proficient in interpreting and analyzing complicated, disparate data sets and sharing conclusions and recommendations in a concise way
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment
• Ability to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to execute on goals.
• Ability to build and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external clients
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of data privacy legislation and laws (nice to have)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwbk6-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.