The Director for New Market Expansion brings product management expertise and deep understanding of launching and optimising SVOD products in new markets. The New Market Expansion team's mission is to lead the expansion of discovery+ into new markets and ensure that our product meets the needs of local customers and business in each country / region it is available in.
The ideal candidate will have experience in launching and / or localising SVOD products in new markets as well as the capability to maintain relationships with global stakeholders. They will also have the ability to proactively optimize latest data and insights for actionable enhancements to the product. They come with a strong background in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and have experience in working at large scale, matrix-ed organisations. Regional market expertise and experience with onboarding affiliate partners is desirable.
The Director will be a bridge between our Cross-Functional teams, including but not limited to Product, Marketing and Technology teams, as well as Local and Regional Stakeholders.
• Lead the Regional APAC Product within the New Market Expansion team and overall Global Product team; creating alignment across key local stakeholders and key central engineering, product, technology and marketing teams. Work across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Define emerging local product requirements for live services in India and other markets in APAC once market is launched, working closely with local / regional stakeholders and relevant cross-functional central teams
• Work with key teams, including Global Partner Integration, to define partner requirements that allow discovery+ to grow internationally; oversee user journeys across platforms
• Support local business teams- including but not limited to marketing, content, CRM - across the region for business planning and define GTM plan
• Serve as knowledge expert for the local product landscape (competitors, trends etc.); understand local customers, local device profile, access patterns, and behavior characteristics
• Help define product strategy and scope for features and functionality required for expansion as the product is launched in a new market
• Work closely with regional Project Manager for timely launches of products / new features/ platforms in market
• Conduct research and competitive analysis on existing services in regions
• Develop detailed documentation on new market launches, including PRFAQs and / or Product Briefs that serve as a centralised source of information
• Detail tickets in JIRA to document requirements for new market launches
• Develop Affiliate Journeys as needed: Coordination with business teams to define requirements for the affiliate users journeys in region
• Work closely with Design and Engineering to define and build features as needed
• Understand local KPIs and work with core team to optimise areas of improvement to ensure regional discovery+ experience is optimised
• Serve as product liaison between product and regional stakeholders; educate product teams on local needs
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features and requests from regional teams with ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Communicate product requirements to leadership and relevant stakeholders; lead presentations to wider audiences and stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders
• Report regional progress and proactively identify new opportunities for expansion
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes
• 8 years of demonstrable deep Product Management experience
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments - regional experience in APAC preferred
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight
• Ability to lead project end to end (from conception through to execution)
• Experienced in conducting research using up to date sources and tools with little oversight
• Strong understanding of AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of interlocutors
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a ''can do'' way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Works autonomously, taking initiatives and lead on projects
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and tickets tracking systems (ex: JIRA)
• Prior experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests.
• High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
• Masters degree preferred
• Must have the legal right to work in India
• Location: Bangalore or Mumbai
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5jn1-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.