Director, Product (Commerce)
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
We are hiring a Director, Product Management - Commerce, to lead the vision . They will focus on features and capabilities that will maximize subscription growth for discovery+ globally.
The Director, Product Management, Commerce will be a creative, business-oriented product leader who can think big to drive monetization strategies. They will lead a cross-functional team to drive multi-platform features that drive growth and revenue globally. They will develop innovative subscription features, implement scalable solutions, and ensure an end-to-end world class experience. They will collaborate with engineering leaders to prioritize, build, and enhance subscription strategies. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will lead multiple products and teams of product managers, instilling a culture of product excellence and high performance.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will have a passion for driving growth through various subscription initiatives. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Partner with senior product, content, engineering, data, business, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to develop a consumer-first global roadmap for how we build subscription experiences across our platforms
• Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of market and partner needs
• Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for organic and inorganic growth strategies
• Led the integration of sales, on-boarding, and engagement customer journeys with our partner device platforms to increase customer acquisition
• Work closely with a customer-centric design team to create user interfaces and tools that are easy to use, and enable teams to create, launch, and manage tests independently.
• Build a scalable team to manage and enhance subscription initiatives across countries and platforms.
• Hire, manage, and develop product managers, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
• Build an innovative and disciplined team culture that builds trust, encourages collaborations, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
• Minimum of 7+ years of proven experience in product management in technology, media, or relevant industries.
• Minimum of 2+ years managing PM teams to deliver compelling customer products, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Solid understanding of data collection, event tracking and data analysis. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Direct experience building and scaling an experimentation platform strongly preferred. Platform product experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, creating compelling product designs, implement new features and systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Experience developing and managing process, tools, and systems to create and manage a/b testing.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, design, and engineering teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to build model-based product features is a plus.
• Prior experience with industry 3rd party experimentation tools is a plus.
• Experience with video and streaming subscription products is a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxjz3-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.