The Discovery+ Content Marketing team is seeking a Director, Originals & Content Marketing to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned content marketing leader with a track record of driving awareness, audience acquisition, and engagement for television series and unscripted content, preferably on a streaming service. They will bring a strong track record of identifying series and marketing opportunities that resonate, pursuing innovative approaches, and ultimately guiding the strategy for campaigns that perform across all channels. The ideal candidate will have the right balance between strategic acumen, digital and social expertise, creative mindset, and campaign management skills to drive the business forward. They will be able to draw insights from data and translate those into action plans for all internal and external teams. They will be a passionate, curious, and empathetic leader who can work collaboratively with teams across research, media, content, strategic growth, and creative.
• Serve as the strategic leader and voice for the originals marketing function on the Content Marketing team, overseeing all non-fiction original content marketing.
• Assist VP of Content Marketing & Strategy Planning with quarterly priority goals.
• Win support for campaigns from all relevant stakeholders, including network marketing leads and internal content teams, who have major roles in many of the original productions.
• Develop existing talent and hire/onboard new talent to grow the function.
• Manage relationships with cross functional teams to provide strategic directions for campaigns; in particular, coordinate tightly with other functions, including media, campaign management, brand, network marketing, creative, and PR to insure originals campaigns fit with overall brand initiatives and communications timelines
• Work with campaign management team in strategic direction for originals campaigns, assisting with agency selection, as appropriate
• Establish the objectives, key results, processes and workflow to ensure a high functioning group
• 10+ years of experience marketing content with a track record specifically in streaming, television, or title marketing campaigns.
• Team leadership – a track record of building and leading high performing teams
• Ability to think strategically, and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
• Ability to quickly consume large amounts of data and draw insights that drive the business forward
• High integrity and experience managing third party agencies and cross functional teams
• A sincere love for television and desire to change the status quo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zvxn-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.