Quantitative Business Analyst, Analytics and Decision Support
• Lead the structuring and solving of business problems for Discovery Asia-Pacific. Work collaboratively with market GMs, functional leaders and the President of Asia-Pacific to develop recommendations on a wide range of business issues
• Develop mid to long term regional, local and functional strategies for the Asia-Pacific region
• Be a trusted and respected leader within the APAC team and a key contributor to local teams that require strategic support to explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies
• Take the lead on continuously analysing the competitive environment and changing media landscape across Asia-Pacific, identifying areas of opportunity and growth for senior leadership.
Discovery is looking for a Strategy lead for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region reporting to the new Head of Insights, Strategy & Business Development APAC. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is intellectually curious and looking for an opportunity to be an important leader within Discovery’s APAC business.
The Director of Strategy will be responsible for working with Discovery’s senior leadership team across the APAC region to define regional, local and multi-market strategies across Asia-Pacific. The Director will be responsible for developing strategies across existing and new business areas – pay TV, free-to-air tv, advertising sales, direct-to-consumer products, local content production, etc.
The Director will work very closely with local market GMs, local Commercial Heads, Business Development, and Insights colleagues in APAC in evaluating and defining strategic opportunities for APAC.
The location of the role is flexible as the Director will be required to work across timezones and markets in APAC.
• Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations.
• Create clear, concise PowerPoint presentations that explain strategic opportunities to senior leadership, and confidently present these recommendations in a clear, concise and impactful way.
• Assist development of presentations required for Budget submissions, Long Range plans, Global strategy projects etc
• Be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in the region, working closely Insights, Business Development, Commercial, Product, Finance and other teams
• Success in leading strategic projects and implimentation. Managing resources to deliver insightful recommendations that have been implemented and delivered true benefit to the business
• Demonstrated success in uncovering and building cases for new growth opportunities, as well as recognizing threats to the business
• An entrepreneurial mindset with strong analytical skills and an ability to think innovatively and laterally
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an expertise in developing strategic PowerPoint presentations. Able to synthesize and concisely present complex information to stakeholders.
• Previous experience in a Senior Managment Consulting role 10+ years min
• Media Industry experience preferable
• A strong understanding of the media industry and the global economic environment.
• Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, ownership, responsiveness and diplomacy in managing multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
• Driven individual with the ability to work well under pressure.
• A self-starter that can work well in cross-functional, cross-geographic teams.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.