As the Discovery portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
Within our Information Security team, there has never been a busier or more urgent time to obtain the best talent we can for this critical function. In light of the constant threats and attacks occurring in companies across the globe, and across all industries, the Information Security Team at Discovery is a growing group of cyber security professionals, using the latest tools and resources to protect the assets from our internal infrastructure to the shows we broadcast across the globe on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery ID, TLC, EuroSport, TVN, and more. From the US to Singapore, Poland, India to LA, we are tasked with protecting, training, and implementing the best of the best in tools, resources, monitoring, threat detection, and more.
The Director of Broadcast Security Operations will have the responsibility of defining and driving the Infosec Broadcast Security program, consisting of broadcast infrastructure, application and services security. This candidate will be considered a technical expert, deeply process orientated and a leader. The candidate will have a strong background in managing broadcast security, technical implementation of security controls in the on-premise and cloud environments.
• This is a critical technical role responsible for ensuring the secure design and compliance of Discovery enterprise broadcast architecture to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs
• Technical leadership experience in a security environment
• Establish clear priorities for the broadcast security engineering team and execute strategies for successful fulfillment of organizational goals.
• Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets.
• Understand technical security issues and the implications to Discovery businesses and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders
• Make recommendations to optimize security of critical broadcast IT systems.
• Implement and oversee security controls within the Broadcast domains.
• Drive the process to develop, support and maintain the edge platform with timely delivery of Web and API protection while not diminishing the customer experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or proven previous technical experience, specifically security architecture experience.
• Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
• Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Go etc.)
• Proven hands on experience securing global hybrid architectures from both a compute and network infrastructure perspective.
• Proven hands on experience securing operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, MacOS etc.)
• Detailed technical experience supporting and implementing SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage.
• Experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment including media asset management
• Experience in System and Network Administration.
• Familiar with Voice and Video Protocols such as SIP (session initiation protocol), video encoding, and Media Asset Management (MAM).
• Hands on technical experience with cloud native security tools
• Hands on technical experience with managing Application WAFs
• Strong customer service, communication, and presentation skills required.
• Familiarity with GDPR and other privacy laws.
• Multilingual: Be able to speak French and English fluently - beneficial not essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez3q0-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.