Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Discovery along with the rest of the media industry is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in the form of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms. They key to delivering dozens of products globally is a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building the products such as Discovery Plus, Discovery GO (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, HGTV, MotorTrend), Eurosport, GolfTV, DPlay, and many others. This DTC platform will power the digital transformation of Discovery & enable the future of interactive & personalized video experiences for global audiences spanning 220 countries.
The Director QA Execution will help lead, grow, and inspire the Global QA Execution teams that span development, execution and reporting on various test activities as it relates to the Global Discovery+ product. They will be responsible for technology, tools, automation initiatives as it relates to QA activities working with Frontend Client and Backend service teams spread across US / EMEA / APAC teams. The QA Execution team works closely with the QA Automation team to consume the QA-aaS pipeline and drive improvements to QA automation activities as we scale our global platform.
An ideal candidate will be an established leader that takes a hands-on approach with deep understanding of QA test activities, QA metrics working with Engineering, QA, Release mgmt and Program teams. The candidate will have a strong shift-left mindset driven by data and enabling teams to improve product quality at scale. The candidate will lead and grow a team of QA managers, QA Engineers and TPM / PgM across various locations. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members.
1. Successful track record of instrumenting tools, automation and processes at scale for frontend and backend QA activities (Unit, Integration, User journey, Load, payment, regression testing)
2. Deep understanding of QA automation workflows, CICD release pipelines, test environments across multiple products and release within an agile development framework
3. Experience of working with frontend (iOS, Android, Web, Roku, CTV) and backend engineering and QA teams to coordinate dependencies and release planning preferably in OTT video market segment
4. Experience in leading and reporting on deploying Release Candidates across multiple products in multiple regions.
5. Experience using various tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
6. Experience working with DevOps teams to drive improvements in Release Tools pipeline for automated tracking and reporting on release artifacts : JIRA items, sprint scope, bug report, test report, release notes.
7. Coordinate and track 3rd party releases and ensure releases do not conflict with other releases and events
• 8+ years of experience in building and growing a distributed team of release managers with strong skills in devOps workflows as it relates to branching strategy, semantic versioning, sprint planning, dependency management, different test activities and release tracking at global scale.
• 5+ years experience in large scale global product launches thru a scalable automated release pipeline workflow leveraging CICD workflows and QA automation workflows.
• Experience driving change throughout comprising of product, engineering, QA, operations functional areas.
• You have experience and understanding of developing and managing automated CICD workflows for various iOS, Android, Roku, etc client platform apps and services.
• You understand complexity and ability to simplify process, tools and automation to enable feature velocity without losing quality
• You work across other platform teams that integrate with release tooling pipelines for instrumenting execution of automated testing and deployments
• You have strong skills and experience across various technologies: GitHub, Github Actions, CircleCI, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes, gitOps flows.
• You provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk and impact management, as well as cost vs. benefit analysis
• You uphold and ensure security requirements for tooling, systems, and environments are met and protect the assets of the company and our customers
• You have experience in leading troubleshooting of system and performance problems in Prod/QA/Dev environments
• You have ability to identify improvements to reduce technical debt streamlining towards a global platform service
• You have the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and predefined measurement criteria
• You have excellent written communication, problem solving, process management, cross-team collaboration and high customer empathy
• Strive in a culture of innovation – always exploring ways to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone
• You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be willing to travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roomw3-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.