Sales Planner - Advanced Advertising
New York, NY
Our Team: The Discovery Digital/DTC team works at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences on digital and streaming platforms in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. Our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people's curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Role: Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic Director to join our experienced and collaborative Digital Research and Consumer Insights team. This is a fantastic opportunity to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. Your work will span a range of both quantitative and qualitative research such as surveys, UX / UI testing, and focus groups, which will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – the newly launched discovery+ app, our suite of TV Everywhere apps (i.e. Discovery GO, TLC GO, HGTV GO, and more.), and our suite of digital websites and apps (i.e. HGTV.com, FoodNetwork.com, and Food Network Kitchen).
If you have a track record and passion for designing, executing, and uncovering insights through custom research and/or usability studies, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team in support of the VP of Digital Research and Analytics.
At its core, the role of this Director is to ensure that key Product team and business owner stakeholders have the consumer insights they need to make business decisions. This includes:
• Proactively identifying areas where consumer research or input are required
• Recommending and designing appropriate studies or research approaches; working to get stakeholder buy-in/approval
• Executing a range of different types of research studies, as needed to meet project goals
• Writing surveys, test plans, discussion guides, and any other material needed to properly launch research studies
• Synthesizing and analyzing data collected from surveys, usability testing, and other research studies; translating research insights into actionable recommendations and direction
• Managing day-to-day relationships and project logistics with external research partners, as needed
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of experience designing, managing, and/or executing custom/primary research studies (quantitative research methodologies, survey design, qualitative research methodologies, data analysis)
• Prior experience working closely with a Product team to design and moderate usability studies or other product-specific research
• Prior experience working closely with Product, Marketing, or Content teams to identify appropriate areas of research
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects and set priorities to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded within tight timelines
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (or Google equivalents)
• Prior experience working with digital media brands or streaming services is highly desirable
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yz9v-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.