For more information, please visit corporate.discovery.com and follow @DiscoveryIncTV across social platforms.
We are hiring a Director of Customer Experience to lead the direct service and support for customers across Discovery digital products for entertainment and sports. The Director of Customer Experience will be a strategic partner to business lines within the direct-to-consumer business, placing customers at the core of our decision making and ensuring that customer-centric, data-driven decision making is used throughout the team. They will create a culture that delights customers through their end-to-end experience and solve customers problems efficiently.
This role will lead a customer experience team that helps customers solve issues they encounter with our products in a timely and practical manner, whether customers are using mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, or other emerging technologies. They and their teams will identify the root causes of customer problems, drive timely resolution, and use those insights to drive systematic improvements and delightful customer experiences within the direct-to-consumer products. They will use insights and data to build and drive intuitive, automated, and self-service solutions that make it easy for customers to get the help needed when they need it, with as little friction as possible. The Director of Customer Experience will also build teams that provide premium, contextual support for vertical specific support.
• Creates and communicates the department's new vision jointly with the Customer Care function lead
• Design the long term strategy of the department to support the globalisation and rapid growth of the business and hold themselves accountable for its successful delivery
• Works with the Directors of Product & Tech, Marketing and CRM to prevent and alleviate recurring pain points throughout the customer journey. Jointly create new ways to convert and retain customers
• Owns Customer Journeys to support teams and privileges self-help options above direct contacts. Works with the Director of Tools and Resources and uses technology to deflect some contact types and encourage other
• Decides on the global performance KPIs and sets challenging yet achievable objectives
• Lead the change from a localised to centralised department by aligning and unifying the various processes and policies across multiple brands whilst encouraging tailoring of guidelines to the different audience types
• Aligns with the Director of P&Ps and the Director of Training and Quality Control to ensures customers receive the best service at all times
• Responsible for forecasting and managing high value budgets
The ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for delivering the best experience for customers. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will relentlessly investigate defects and poor customer experiences to identify the root cause and determine how to improve the customer experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Minimum 8-year experience in Customer service or Customer Experience with at least 5 years in a Snr manager position
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanour and portrays the company in a positive light
• Serves as a role model by displaying good judgment, positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to policies and demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service
• Strong experience with multi-brand, multi-channel and multilingual environments: Email, chat, phone, Social Media, App store reviews, Trustpilot, Bots and AI
• Previous experience with call centres and vendors
• Experience in CRM systems – Zendesk and PagerDuty primarily
• Excited and motivated by change, multi-tasking and fast paced environment
• Ability to address areas of underperformance with a structured plan
• Confident with Excel, PowerPoint and GSuite
• Experienced in reporting to Senior Leadership teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8k32-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.