Manager & Administration
The Director, Campaign Strategy & Planning is essential to the success of discovery+ and will lead a world class campaign management team as we engage, acquire and retain customers through breakthrough marketing and creative efforts.
This individual will drive discovery+ original campaigns in collaboration with the Content Marketing team, Brand team, Creative teams and Research, on executing against GTM strategies, brand and messaging adherence, optimized creative placement throughout multiple media funnels, KPIs and campaign reporting.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent planner, detail oriented and able to ladder their team goals and efforts back to a larger discovery+ global brand vision.
This position reports to the Vice President, Brand Strategy and Campaign Management
• Define and drive discovery+ show, series and documentary advertising campaigns
• Establish and nurture partnerships with cross functional teams including Content, Brand, Product, Social, Data & Analytics, Operations and (potentially) external vendors to create engaging and data-driven marketing campaigns, both at a local and global scale
• Work closely with content marketing, social and brand strategy to create a cohesive narrative and identity for discovery+ original content
• Innovate on new ways to acquire, engage and retain users via campaign strategies and media tactics
• Present campaign strategies and garner support from all relevant parties, including Executive level
• Keep constant eyes on campaign performance, making recommendations to optimize and evolve as needed
• Brand messaging implementation
• Champion creative team and creative process
• Partner/collaborate with media to fully understand owned and paid opportunities • Watch content/demonstrate expertise individual titles
• 8+ years experience in marketing and campaign management
• A deep knowledge of the streaming landscape and Discovery's global portfolio
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills at a high volume and a fast pace
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to problem solve/course correct, apply strategic thinking, pivot with changing priorities and needs.
• Tolerance for ambiguity in new team dynamics.
• Personable leader with demonstrated gravitas, professionalism and exceptional responsiveness
• Comfortable speaking in large groups; leading meetings.
• Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
• Team management experience
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj82j1-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.