Release Strategy & Planning Manager
London, United Kingdom
This role reports to the President Eurosport and leads on a diverse range of projects and initiatives from channel & portfolio analysis to commercial strategy, to accelerating D2C strategy to board-level narrative and presentation.
• Understand the Eurosport strategy and assist in setting priorities, defining and articulating the strategy
• Translate the Eurosport Strategy into specific projects
• Manage multiple projects from start to finish
• Develop board level presentations to communicate the strategy, insights, analysis and recommendations to different stakeholders
• Develop business models or outsource their development where required
• Serve as a key point of contact with other strategy leads to ensure alignment.
• Ensure transfer of best practices across the company, as appropriate
• Where required, develop business models for new business and partnerships
• Gather input from all relevant functional teams and develop business scenarios and key strategic and operating assumptions
• Perform operational analysis to determine strategic fit and identify integration issues
• Validate assumptions and ensure alignment with business strategy
• Partner with other groups in DNI and the regions to build the business plan based on key assumptions
• MBA preferred
• Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or equivalent experience at a leading investment bank or media company
• Excellent project management and networking/interpersonal skills, ability to draw resources from and feed back to a wide group in different parts of the organization.
• Strong analytical and influencing skills, including research and strategic insight as well as financial analysis.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Team player and confident to be a key advisor for the senior management
• Ability to work within a matrix organisation and adapt to change
• Experience working internationally and second European language a plus
• Business travel required
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.