Sr. Director, Risk & Compliance
New York, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including HGTV, Food Network, Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. The Digital Stategy Associate is part of the Analytics and Insights group and will be responsible for developing and implementing the digital strategy across the digital portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Digital Stategy Associate, you will support the growth of the Discovery Digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your drive, focus on big picture and influencing skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of all the digital offerings, the business and be a key drivers of the strategy.
1. Support the strategic planning and forecasting of Digital Businesses, including TVE and Direct to Consumer
2. Research and develop analyses of competitive landscape
3. Serve as analytical point-person on transformational digital initiatives
4. Run sensitivity analysis and model financial impact of various strategic scenarios
5. Perform analysis to help senior management set key performance indicators and other business unit goals
6. Coordinate with various Digital functions including content, marketing and product teams
7. Create strategy presentations for senior leadership
8. Support and execute ad-hoc projects in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 2 - 4 years of consulting, equity research, investment banking or corporate strategy experience
* Possess a “can do” attitude, self-motivated, ambitious and intellectually curious
* Experience in strategy development and implementation
* Experience in developing financial models
* Strong analytical skills
* Preferred statistical background
* Ability to recognize and communicate meaningful patterns in data
* Experience in market research or digital media strongly preferred
* Strong project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to execute multiple work-streams in a highly matrixed organization
* Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate tenacity for consistent accuracy
* Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
* Significant experience in creating and presenting Power Point decks
* Highly collaborative and ability to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and integrity
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.