The Digital Editor will oversee the Discovery Networks websites and digital products in Turkey. The main tasks of this role are:
• Oversee the day-to-day management of Discovery, TLC and DMAX websites, working closely with the Marketing and Promotions teams.
• Produce content and provide timely updates to ensure the site optimally suits local priorities.
• Drive traffic and work with the commercial teams to support brand partnerships and advertising opportunities
• Manage scheduling and delivery of content in conjunction with the channel team
• Manage VOD workflows.
• Work with the technical and wider digital teams to ensure all aspects of the websites are functioning and deliver excellent customer experiences
• Create creative content to websites.
• Produce monthly reports to track performance.
• Analyse and develop strategies to increase traffics and support sales team on revenues.
• Managing relationships with development and SEO agency.
• Update websites to ensure the content displayed is constantly refreshed according to the editorial and marketing priorities
• Create SEO friendly and clickable articles to continue the vision of brands as not just being a websites of TV channels but also a hub of lifestyle.
• Manage the content production process for online projects, from delivering creative ideas and treatments, to design, production and maintenance
• Work with the teams to develop 360 campaigns for key programming and ensure content is as engaging as possible
• Work with the International Digital Media teams for global events
• Make sure content is always proposed with a tone of voice consistent with brand
• Brainstorm creative and innovative ways to present Discovery Networks content to users via websites, digital apps and social media
• Ensure all produced content is optimized to generate maximum page views according to the most recent SEO standards
• Manage online competitions, including content creation, prize sourcing and winner notification
• Build, monitor and develop online communities
• Track performance of the sites
• Candidates must have at least 3 years of digital marketing/content creation experience, preferably in agency setting and/or media market.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Marketing, Communications, Digital or related field
• Proven track record in content delivery for the digital and/or social media environment
• Excellent writing skills by considering SEO: catchy headlines, effective call-to-action, captions, etc.
• Solid experience with image editing and optimization, usability and accessibility standards
• Able to understand TV and digital media platforms (web, social media, mobile apps, video-on-demand, connected TVs, etc.)
• Solid understanding of rights & clearance issues in online and broadcast environments
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving matrix environment and to deliver multiple projects to budget and deadline
• Understanding of commercial and editorial requirements
• Expertise on the usage analytics and monitoring tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, Data Studio.
• A true team player
• Fluency in Turkish and English
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.