New York, NY
Discovery, Inc. is searching for a Development & Production Coordinator in our New York office. This organized multi-tasker will be general support for the department and help manage the flow of content deliverables through all phases of development and production for the programming team. Our ideal candidate is extremely organized and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
1. Maintain multiple department databases, including master database of pitches, proof of concepts pilots with submissions and their status.
2. Assist Producers with any footage/asset requests
3. Create PowerPoint presentations, organize and pull clips from shows for various meetings.
4. Assist in initiating and tracking development and production contracts, overages, and approvals.
5. Partner with the digital team to help coordinate shared talent, pitches, and content while also helping to obtain programming/series assets to be shared.
6. Field requests from production companies and individuals seeking to pitch ideas and talent to the network.
7. Create, gather, update, distribute, and maintain weekly/monthly production and development documents.
8. Coordinate department calendars, meetings, and conference calls including booking catering, gathering and organizing materials, creating agendas, running video and taking notes.
9. Request media assets when needed.
10. Maintain in-office production and development boards.
11. Coordinate/Organize/Acquire/Gather/Distribute needed assets to internal and external producers.
12. Manage incoming project requests and work with executive team to assign projects to producers, freelance producers and production partners.
13. Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
* BS/BA in Communications or related discipline and 1 - 2 years of experience at either a Network or Entertainment Company
* Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills
* Self-starter, can work independently
* Knowledge of video codecs and platforms
* Positive attitude
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.