Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs, and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air, and pay–TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats.
Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Motortrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and discovery+, a premium streaming service for many of Discovery's beloved brands.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery+ and our direct to consumer products. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal and engaging work, with a passionate team then this is the role for you.
About Discovery Global Product & Design
Discovery's Global Product & Design Group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
Within the Product & Platform Creative team, the Design Manager supports the creative teams in developing, optimizing and delivering our product creative and campaigns globally. They are responsible for maintaining the highest level of standards with regards to all aspects of on/off platform creative, series artwork libraries, templates and documentation; aligning internal and external teams with best in class results.
This role requires a combination of strategic, creative, project management and analytical skills that complement the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including executives, partner agencies and global creative/marketing teams. It is a mixture of hands-on creativity with an eye for detail and the ability to guide others through creative standards, processes and efficiencies that can easily scale to multiple countries and languages.
• Define the global development, production and distribution workflows to maximize the efficient output of top-quality platform artwork, campaigns, app store screens and sales creative.
• Lead cross-functional global teams through the thoughtful implementation of multiple concurrent high-profile projects and campaigns.
• Deliver and maintain all core creative templates, guidelines, style guides and documentation for development of creative assets used across our global DTC platforms and services.
• Manage external agencies and partners that supplement creative efforts in campaign development, branded partnerships, and platform artwork development.
• Ensure alignment and compliance with brand style and tone of voice guidelines for all on platform creative.
• Guide stakeholders in marketing, sales, legal, distribution, product and programming to ensure that plans are integrated and informed by global/regional priorities and policies.
• Supervise and manage all aspects of artwork creation, which includes production, scheduling, staffing, and delivery - including status meetings and scheduling with necessary teams.
• BS/BA degree required. A Master's Degree is a plus.
• 5+ years experience with artwork development and delivery for media/entertainment SVOD services.
• 3+ years experience with global streaming platforms that include multiple territories, teams and languages.
• Expert in organizing multiple concurrent projects and team management through effective communication.
• Ability to see the large picture, as well as get into the weeds of creative projects to drive positive outcomes.
• Background working with Creative, UX/D, Product and Engineering teams as well as marketing and content.
• Experience creating and optimizing artwork for multiple product surface types: mobile, web, CTVs, & STBs.
• Demonstrated ability to work on complex and diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal. Characteristics • Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take initiative.
• Proactive and enjoys finding innovative solutions, gaining input and driving alignment.
• Effective building and maintaining cross functional and partner relationships
• Enjoys the challenge of complex problems and systems
• Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines
Online Resume, CV and Portfolio is Required for all Applicants
Online resume and samples demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in creative campaigns, design principles, and streaming platforms. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
Eligibility Requirements Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary Must be willing to work in New York, NY / Los Angeles, CA / London, UK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55ve1-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.