Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports.Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love. Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high-value programmes and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure! Core to Eurosport's strategy for engaging sports audiences is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental to delivering against our digital strategy.
As the Web Delivery Manager for Eurosport Digital, you will ensure the robust delivery of web technologies, provide unerring clarity to stakeholders and drive your team to produce the best outcomes to customers.
For this role you must have a passion for digital technology. You know how best to plan and deliver digital capabilities in a rapidly evolving market. The selected candidate will work with Eurosport's product managers to create the means and environment to deliver product strategies to market.
• You must be an organisational genius able to navigate an international business structure, facilitate multiple stakeholder groups, build robust project plans and deliver at pace. You must be action-orientated and take the lead in group settings when the focus is upon delivery.
• You must have strong experience working within a team of product gurus and engineers. You're able to drive teams towards the end objective, ensuring progress is made if decision-making is being delayed.
• You are customer-obsessed. In your remit as Delivery Manager you make business decisions that always take the customer into account.
If you meet these criteria then we would love for you to join our team as our Web Delivery Manager.
• Plan projects by turning product roadmaps into robust release plans that track to business objectives
• Manage stakeholders and communicate project progress and releases
• Partner with Product Management to understand priorities across initiatives, manage dependencies between teams and remove obstacles
• Serve the product management team to enable them to deliver on customer and business objectives
• Coordinate with QA on testing of features and release candidates
• Orchestrate and communicate releases
• Define RACI when project business roles need clarifying
• Identify and manage risks and issues
• Align with and cross-pollinate to other Product teams and Delivery Managers
• Identify and coach the team on process improvements and efficiencies, to be as agile as possible
• Several years working in the digital space for a technology or media company
• Several years working closely with internal or external clients, partners and developers
• Self-starting, enthusiastic and a ''go-getter.'' Thrive on building and cultivating relationships with others
• Objective and action-orientated, both personally and organisationally
• Able to translate technical terms or problems into natural language understood by non-technical parties
• Never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in to help troubleshoot technical issues, or perform QA and UAT
• Able to evaluate options and choose the best courses of action based on the resources and constraints at hand
• Familiarity with Agile and release processes a must
• Familiarity with ad-based and/or direct-to-consumer products a plus
• Familiarity with video delivery, payments, CDN technologies, content management systems, database technologies, and client-server application architecture a plus
• Must have legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz50b2-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.