Manager, Training & Development
The Global Data Analytics team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
As a Data Visualization Developer, you will partner with business end-users as well as colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems using Alteryx and Power BI. The Data Visualization Developer will be responsible for delivering effective data structures that will enable data visualization solutions to support data-driven decision making.
1. Process and analyze large volumes of data using Alteryx that will produce data structures to support reporting needs
2. Develop and shape data using SQL, experience in database concepts and knowledge of dimensional modeling
3. Facilitate discussions with business users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
4. Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
5. Create data visualizations using Power BI
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 4+ years professional experience
* 2+ years of Alteryx experience
* Ability to compose complex SQL queries
* Understanding of data architecture
* Microsoft Power BI experience is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.